• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Street Fighter Alpha: Generations Clips

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this an english only release? I mean, I can't find anything on the japanese version.

Anywho, judging from the clips, this looks, "interesting", thought it heavily focused on fighting.hich I'm expecting anyways.
Laruto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this an english only release? I mean, I can't find anything on the japanese version.

Anywho, judging from the clips, this looks, "interesting", thought it heavily focused on fighting.hich I'm expecting anyways.

I doubt that it would only be a English only release considering that one of the clips had the Japanese. Ryu Voice actor acting out one of his scenes in Japanese. On another note DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN this movie looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Izlude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Yay...Ryu vs. Akuma...wow...

Now, how about Capcom vs. SNK anime? Razz
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Grr.. &^$%# streaming media... Oh, and for anyone who actually showed up at the Comic Book Sci Fi screening, sorry the video projector blew so badly. Not that I had anything to do with it, but I hate to recommend you a screening which ended up costing you 8 bucks like it did to me. -_-
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Gouki is Prune Face. Anime cry Whats up with the ki attacks, they look like water from a squirt gun. Ryu " Take this, hadoken!" Gouki " Your water attacks have no affect on me ha ha ha ha." Laughing
Bakafool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote
That is some pretty crappy art. And there's no way I'm going to watch the English dub ... Sakura's voice is terrible!
sLight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote
seriously this is some ugly art.. the alpha 1 looks way better
Dejiko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:29 am Reply with quote
sLight wrote:
seriously this is some ugly art.. the alpha 1 looks way better

Alpha was completely in line with the bright anime-inspired designs that those SF spin-off games used. Not an overly original approach, but that's what the fans wanted (who will by all means account for the buying majority). Frankly, I find Generations to use a daring, somehat old fashioned look, but it doesn't mesh all that well with the established look and feel of the SF characters. Anyone agree that Gouki/Akuma now looks like he could be the less pretty brother of Berserk's Nosferatu Zodd? Shocked

I won't comment on the dub, because that would mean I'd give it more credit than it deserves. Ack.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1