• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Honey & Clover ending

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quote
ok i've just seen episode 24 of 26 for Honey & Clover and today I was just told by my friend that the next two episodes are just recaps of the series. Can anyone confirm this? Also if the last two are recaps and 24 is the real ending of the series then what do you think about it?

Okay first my opinion of the ending. The ending was nice though again it felt like a mini two part episode. One ending his journey and the other welcoming him back and Takemoto re-ajusting to normal life. This episode still had its fare share of antics by Takemoto and co..........though not enough Morita! The music was still as great as the rest of the series and gets you into the mood or feel of the episode. The last few scenes were enjoyable to watch but felt like it needed more. All in all it was a satisfying ending.

Anyhow thats how I'd feel if the last two episodes are truly recaps of the series.

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Ichigo, use the Edit button if you have an afterthought. No double or triple posting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Sorry I did that so that I could keep this topic near the top so that it wouldn't go to the next page without getting a response. I only did it so that it could still get noticed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:55 am Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
ok i've just seen episode 24 of 26 for Honey & Clover and today I was just told by my friend that the next two episodes are just recaps of the series. Can anyone confirm this? Also if the last two are recaps and 24 is the real ending of the series then what do you think about it?

I believe that 24 is indeed the official ending of the TV series. (But hey, you've still got the live-action movie to look forward to next year ...)

Quote:
Okay first my opinion of the ending. The ending was nice though again it felt like a mini two part episode. One ending his journey and the other welcoming him back and Takemoto re-ajusting to normal life. This episode still had its fare share of antics by Takemoto and co..........though not enough Morita! The music was still as great as the rest of the series and gets you into the mood or feel of the episode. The last few scenes were enjoyable to watch but felt like it needed more. All in all it was a satisfying ending.

I agree that it wrapped up things nicely. If you get down to it, there are basically two essential plot points to the whole series anyway: spoiler[(1) Takemoto meets Hagu-chan; falls in love (2) Takemoto tells Hagu-chan he likes her.]

And everything else in between is just 24 episodes of the most touching, imaginative, captivating filler ever conceived.

The whole needed more feeling, I think, was essential to the series. As a genuine slice-of-life, it drops you in right in the middle of things -- Takemoto's already partway through school, as is most everyone else, and Hagu just shows up as a matter of fact. It seems appropriate, then, that it leaves off right in the middle of things -- spoiler[Takemoto's just finished his bike journey, everyone's happy,] but life goes on. And in the end, that's really what this series was so much about. Life goes on.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
I believe that 24 is indeed the official ending of the TV series. (But hey, you've still got the live-action movie to look forward to next year ...)

Thanks alot! I waited so long for an answer. Sweet is there really a live-action movie coming out? Oh but the antics won't be as hilarious as the anime. No more of Morita's wanky antics. I still think there should've been more Morita. Morita!!!!!!!

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
therax

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:14 am Reply with quote
Haveing just finished this series - I'll make my comment.

I loved this series and am sad to see it go. This slice of life of amime will be on my buy list as soon as it is picked up localy.

As it has been said ep 24 is the last real ep, it finishes up the main story arc of Takemoto's stage of growing up. Unfortunatly it leaves all the other story arcs open without resolution(As do most anime)

Now for my question:
Has anyone read the manga? Does the story continue?
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:08 pm Reply with quote
therax wrote:
Now for my question:
Has anyone read the manga? Does the story continue?

I want to know too. I need to know what will happen between Mayama, Rika and Yamada. This is really puzzeling me because I have seen a picture of Morita and Yamada holding hands. This is also quite puzzling to me as at the beginning of the series where spoiler[Morita talks to Yamada about her and Mayama it seems that he has some sort of interest in her]. I need more Morita!

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone have an idea of which company would license Honey & Clover? Right now i'm leaning more to the direction of Viz Media that they might license it. For some reason I always lean in their direction when it comes to titles like it.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
Asuka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote
The manga continues past the point where the anime ended, and is still running. There is lots more done with the Mayama/Rika/Ayu triangle, too. I got spoiled on a few major plot points a while ago :[
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Shibahime wrote:
The manga continues past the point where the anime ended, and is still running. There is lots more done with the Mayama/Rika/Ayu triangle, too. I got spoiled on a few major plot points a while ago :[

that sucks but maybe that means it could lead to a second season? So it did stay true to the manga and didn't do anything too much different from the manga right?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I thought it had a very cool ending, although I do agree that could have tied up Mayama and Morita's arcs a bit better.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Does anyone have an idea of which company would license Honey & Clover? Right now i'm leaning more to the direction of Viz Media that they might license it. For some reason I always lean in their direction when it comes to titles like it.

I could see Viz picking up the manga (well, they already practically own the manga, seeing as it's Shueisha and all) but I doubt they'll take the anime since Viz's anime licenses tend to be more about capitalizing on kids' trends. I'm envisioning a fistfight between ADV, Geneon and Funimation for the anime license.

(And then someone like Media Blasters sneaks up from behind and grabs it)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1