• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kamen Rider Wizard Revealed Before September Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait, though it sucks Fourze is ending. I'm really enjoying it and the final episodes are ramping up to be awesome.

Wizard sounds interesting enough, though.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 pm Reply with quote
The descriptions of the weapons and such I'd read before made me interested in Wizard, but, I gotta say... the design looks like Kamen Rider W rejected designs. The helmet looks like a modified version of Accel, and the trench coat was on W's original design.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quote
The concept seemed nice but I'm a bit disappointed with the outfit. Perhaps it'll grow on me much like Fourze did. I'm hoping the story won't be lighthearted - I've viewed too much of that to really enjoy them anymore.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:53 am Reply with quote
I'm more disappointed with the driver. After W, OOO, and Fourze, I liked the concept of plugging in and switching things on it. This looks like it's just going to involve putting your hand on it, no actual physical pieces to switch.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:43 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
This looks like it's just going to involve putting your hand on it, no actual physical pieces to switch.

I think this time he changes rings, looks like he's got a bunch of them hanging off his belt.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:09 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
I'm more disappointed with the driver. After W, OOO, and Fourze, I liked the concept of plugging in and switching things on it. This looks like it's just going to involve putting your hand on it, no actual physical pieces to switch.

I dunno--as much as I loved the mix-and-match aspects of the W/OOO/Fourze drivers, things were starting to get a little out-of-hand, what with the three O-Medals and the four Astro Switches. I think they couldn't surpass having four switches on one belt at once and decided to go back to basics.

The design strikes me as unique--Riders don't do capes or coats very often. I'd expect Wizard to have more of a hands-off style of combat, given his name, but heck, Riders need to sell DX weapons...

I'm looking forward to Wizard, but he's got a lot to live up to: Fourze is just so much fun.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote
HJU posted some more info, including cast and some basic plot stuff.
Firetribe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

Some people are feeling the rider belts are becoming comIplicated. Lots of USB drives, lot's of medals, lot's of switches. I wonder where they carry them all...
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Firetribe wrote:
Some people are feeling the rider belts are becoming comIplicated. Lots of USB drives, lot's of medals, lot's of switches. I wonder where they carry them all...

They're much funner to play with/collect, though.

Still, liking the different forms he has. Hurricane Style is my favorite, and I guess Fire is his default element.
Son Gokou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

You forgot Decade. Anyway yeah I agree with you, I really prefer the rider putting some things on his belt. Wizard belt looks like a turntable to me Shocked

Anyway on another note, the name Wizard looks plain to me...they should have invented another word or something like... Vizard?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1