• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digital Devil Monogatari Megami Tensei (OAV)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quote
Here

There's a couple errors here, that seem to be pointing at the light(?) novels, not the OAV.

First is the "Serialized in Comic BomBom", which I cannot submit an error report for. Comic BomBom was a monthly manga magazine. I do know that monthly manga magazines do sometimes include drama CDs, and that volumes are sometimes bundled with OAV discs, I find it highly unlikely that Comic BomBom would have bundled a VHS with their magazine. As a side point on that, a single-shot title (whether it be manga or anime) can't be "serialized" in anything, because "serialized" means that there's multiple parts.

The second error, which I have submitted an error report for, is the single piece of trivia. This trivia erroneously states that the OAV was the inspiration for the video game franchise. This is false, as the OAV is adapted from the light(?) novels series, as are the games.

I cannot find information on how the novels were originally published, but they may have been serialized in BomBom. The trivia, however, definitely should be attributed to the novels, which are not in the encyclopedia (at least not by what I can search).

As a side note, the encyclopedia does have a number of entries for titles relating to the Megami Tensei franchise, and I feel there should be an omnibus entry for them. From what I have easily found, there are the following:
Shin Megami Tensei: Kahn (manga)
Shin Megami Tensei: If... (manga)
Digital Devil Story Megami Tensei (OAV)
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children (TV)
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children (manga)
Shin Megami Tensei: Tokyo Mokushiroku (OAV)
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children: Light & Dark (TV)
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children: Light & Dark (manga)
Persona 3 (manga)
Persona 4 (manga)
Persona -trinity soul- (TV)
Persona 4: The Animation (TV)
Persona 4 The Animation -The Factor of Hope- (movie)
Persona - Tsumi to Batsu (manga)

[eta] There are also manga for both the Devil Survivor and Devil Survivor 2 games, neither of which have pages in the encyclopedia. The manga for the first game is reported here, and in my search for info I found that the first chapter of the manga for the second game is online on the magazine's site, but I don't have time now to find it again. I'll look after work.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:05 am Reply with quote
Here is the proof of the Devil Survivor 2 manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1