• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boogiepop and Others Preview

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam_omega

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Hey, Adam here from Seven Seas. Hope you enjoy the novel preview! Anime smile

We actually got the book back from the printer today and it's uber-spiffy! I thought I'd show you two pictures I took...
fresh out of the box
ooo, color pages

- Adam Arnold
Seven Seas Entertainment
http://www.gomanga.com/
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Ooh~, that is spiffy Shocked. Thanks for the previews. Man, I have so many books I want to buy this coming month Anime dazed...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow.

That's really all I can say. That one preview alone has already exceeded my expectations for this release. The writing style is so easy to get into and the translation—placed against numerous fan-made attempts I've encountered in the past—is simply top-notch.

You've already got my money. For this and the entire series (and oh please, oh please do bring the whole thing over!).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
adam_omega

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Wow.

That's really all I can say. That one preview alone has already exceeded my expectations for this release. The writing style is so easy to get into and the translation—placed against numerous fan-made attempts I've encountered in the past—is simply top-notch.

Thank you so much for the praise! Glad you like what you see. That reeeally helps to put our minds at ease. Anime smile

You might've also noticed, but we kept the names of the character's names in Japanese name order. It's something that I've been wanting from manga for a very long time now and am just glad I'm finally in a position where I can make that call. It really does add a whole new level of authenticity.

Quote:
You've already got my money. For this and the entire series (and oh please, oh please do bring the whole thing over!).

We'll see what happens once we start seeing the numbers for the books. But trust me, I really want them. So, all you gotta do to show your support for Boogiepop is buy 'em and give us feedback! Anime smile
Kenji_Ikari

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:04 am Reply with quote
I'll be sure to buy one as soon as it comes out!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:23 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Wow.

I second that thanks. I'm a huge fan of the books as well, and man, the later books are so good it hurts. I hope like hell we get to do the whole thing, and Beat's Discipline!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1