• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mai-Otome OAV Announced

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote
So it's kind of like Wolf's Rain, but without the recap episodes? This is good news...I was wondering how they would wrap up all the war, history, political, and romantic threads in the next two episodes. Too bad it'll be a 4-month wait Sad
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, I wonder about this. Will this be something to tie up the last 2 episodes or will this be something completely different?

Tomorrow is the last two episodes for the series. Well, let's wait and see. Either 'Mai-Otome' earned enough favor to warrent doing this or there are still some questions needed to be answered and a good quality OVA will do the trick. Now this is a first. 'Mai-HiME' didn't this treatment.
spleener

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen the last two episodes yet (waiting for a sub to come out), but I'm guessing that they'll be side stories/back stories (one about Mai's days in school would be a good bet.) Nina, Arika, and Mashiro's stories will probably be finished at the end of the TV series.
daisuke_wto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I for 1 can't wait i love mai otome so much! i am counting down the hours untill the last episode
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ThirdWizard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quote
If only the HiME movie were real! Wink

But, the OAV should be fun.
Kuroki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:57 am Reply with quote
I heard that the OAV will focus and the Otome after they get out of Garderobe. Since the series focused on the training of the Otome. This is what a friend read in a recent volume of Megumi. * shrug*

I think they've dropped the ball on Mai Otome. It lacks a lot, especially when it comes to the plot. But we'll see what they do with it in the next two episodes and the OAV.
yumiche

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:03 am Reply with quote
This is a good news Anime smile
i hope they will tell us more about arika's mother..
and from where Mashiro did come from..
i just can't wait Shocked
aresgoddess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:20 am Reply with quote
ThirdWizard wrote:
If only the HiME movie were real! Wink

I've wondered about that. If you look at the subtitles on the trailer, it says "20006 Fall: Nationwide sale of Thirteen HiME Kuri Calendars! Pre-order now!"

Nowhere else does it say anything about a date. Ok, so maybe i'm reading too into this? Blame the fangirl in me! I just really really really really want that movie to be true! *_______* That would be a dream come true! ah!

Anyways, to prove i'm not crazy....ok, well, requiring a straightjac--...ok, um...just totally out of touch with reality and believing that the HiME figurines above my computer talk to me....here's a screencap of the Doremi-Freelance fansub of the trailer.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b389/radiogekko/01.png
there's an updated version, so i'm getting my hands on that as i type this. but it's going to take a while, so if that part says anything different, i'll post it.

Peace, love, and Materializing! Anime smilev
KaruDirth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:58 am Reply with quote
YAY Very Happy

I personally prefer the otome series to hime, so cant wait fo rhte OAv to come... wish it wouldnt end this week tho Sad I dotn want it to stop :'(
ThirdWizard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote
aresgoddess wrote:
Ok, so maybe i'm reading too into this? Blame the fangirl in me! I just really really really really want that movie to be true! *_______* That would be a dream come true! ah!

We all want it to be true. 20006 is another eighteen thousand years, though. It was popular enough to spawn a spinoff series, though, so there might be hope for an OAV connecting to the two series. For example, there's speculation that spoiler[Miyu from Otome is the same Miyu from HiME]. (not really a spoiler but some people avoid spec)
JasonSolaris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Hi. It's probably been discussed before, but in the Mai-Hime section, there an article about a "My-Hime Next Stage" sequel is late 2005. Was that misinterpreted as Mai-Otome? Any news on a true sequel to Mai-Hime?
Thanks
daisuke_wto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:40 am Reply with quote
umm i believe that is mai otome also mai otome is names mai hime Z Z is japenese for 2 or second half or sumthing Idk the exact translation but thats why there's Gundam Z (well that and the fact there the zeta gundam) and Dragon Ball Z theres a few more Z anime I can't think of
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:07 am Reply with quote
One of the kanji in the title is shaped like a "Z," the show isn't called "Mai-HiME Z." It's called Mai Otome, plain and simple, and it is HiME's legitimate sequel, it seems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
aresgoddess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote
Honestly speaking, i am one of the people who believes that. Anime smilev I think she was reprogrammed slightly, probably by Alyssa. But, i don't know for sure.
Ergzay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote
Well in regard to the title. I did some looking up and the Z is actually the first half of the kanji for otome, just the oto part. So the title is Mai-OtoHime of sorts. In katakana in the lower right it has mai otome though. It also works out to be possibly a stylized 2 as well as to what I said above. It's just sunrise trying to put other extra meanings into it.
Look at Mai-Hime. The main character was named Mai. Nagi also sometimes refered to Mai as 'My Hime'. Then there is also HiME the abbrivation standing for "Highly-advanced Materializing Equipment". And then there is the japanese word Hime which means princess. So... you decide. :p
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2