• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kenshin and Kaoru married?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:30 am Reply with quote
jkim2400 wrote:
Hi I'm new here..Well, I just wanted to ask one question.

I'm a big fan of Rurouni Kenshin and I was wondering in which manga/episode do Kenshin and karou get married? Is it actually in the manga or is it just implied? Much helpe would be appreciated.. thank you.

And btw- how many manga books are there for RK? 28?

(moved here from the general anime questions thread)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I've read a translated scan of the last few chapters of RK, yes they do get married, and uh there is proof in the form of a kid. But I don't want to tell you more than that. So as to what chapter, I have no idea, its at the end for all rough estimates.
Mreow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:51 am Reply with quote
Just wait like, oh 14 years, for VIZ to release all the manga and you'll see ;-)

(_//=^_^=\\_)

Mreow
king_micah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Only in the manga, then only in the epilogue.
sacchan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Isn't there an OVA or something with a grown-up (or teenaged) Kenshin's son? I haven't watched it, but I thought I've seen it mentioned somewhere.
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen it either but whast I've read about it, it is mostly just a recap of the tv series and does little in terms of explaining what was the third arc of the manga. plus the ending isn't good. the creator of the manga remarked he didn't like it. only being 2 episodes long, is that right? for fans I guess its ok. me I"ll wait for the manga near christmas holiday.
NawkXela

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:35 am Reply with quote
<SPOILERS>
In Rurouni Kenshin, Kaoru and Kenshin get married (watched the OAV).
And then they even had a son called Kenji (the way of the sword~sounds so cool Cool ).

Unfortunately, both Kenshin and Kaoru when sperated each caught a deadly diesase and were going to die, but with the help of Sano Kenshin was Untied with Kaoru just before threir deaths, and it shows a since that's simular to when Tomone (Kenshin's first wife) died.

And just in case you're wondering Yahiko learns the kamekashi cause neither Shisho nor Kenshin wasnts to pass it on, and yes he becomes very good (good enough to challange Kenshin when Kenji was an infant).
spewmuffin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:26 pm Reply with quote
jkim2400 wrote:
Hi I'm new here..Well, I just wanted to ask one question.

I'm a big fan of Rurouni Kenshin and I was wondering in which manga/episode do Kenshin and karou get married? Is it actually in the manga or is it just implied? Much helpe would be appreciated.. thank you.

And btw- how many manga books are there for RK? 28?

In the manga, the married part is implied (ie never shown) when the epilogue shows Kenji as their son. Also, there are 28 books (at least in Japanese) containing 255 chapters.

--
SpewMuffin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Keichii-chan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:35 pm Reply with quote
WARNING ALL LINKS CONTAIN SPOILERS

By The Window <---- Link that says about them spoiler[getting married] in OVA. It shows screenshots and everything.
K+K Image A image of them on their spoiler[wedding day].
Young Kenji A image of young Kenji spoiler[(their son) ]
The first site also has some images of spoiler[there son]. Older Kenji That is him when he's older with his girlfriend. Isn't Google great?

(P.S Sorry if there are alot of spoiler tags. I tried to use them where neccessary Smile )
Case

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:39 am Reply with quote
I just about threw up when I saw the last picture of "Kenshin and Kaoru's love scene" from Seisouhen OAV @ the first link.

She deserves a pat on the back for the intestinal fortitude it must have taken to go to bed with a guy who has root rot all down his right side.
Yyyyyyyugh. Confused
king_micah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:56 am Reply with quote
If all you are going to talk about is a non-canon OVA, this should be moved back to anime.
The OVA is not supported by the creator of Kenshin, and IMO the manga is better, and spoiler[The OVA is mostly impossible since Kenshin is not physically able to use his sword five years after the revenge arc. Also, Kenshin did, and always was planned to end happily.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1