• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Visual novels you'd like to see adapted into anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiro94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
I didn't see a topic on this so i thought i'd Post.
I personally Would like too see an adaptation of Heart De Roomate.Its a very underated visual novel that is light hearted and full of comedy.Unlike most games in the genre Heart De Roomate features very little tradgedy and sadness i personally would love to see this game get adapted.What Games would you guys like too see adapted?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote
Two made up words: Muv Luv.

Yeah, we got Total Eclipse, which was nice, but no replacement for the light hearted fun of Extra, the military life of Unlimited, and the pure epicness of Alternative. The games themselves have amazing visuals, but seeing it in animated form would be even better.

Three words: HEAVEN'S FREAKIN' FEEL

What the hell, Type Moon? You did animes for Fate and UBW, but why haven't you given us Heaven's Feel yet? It's by far the best route of the three, not only does it flesh out all the characters more it actually gives a definitive ending to everything. Why are you giving us Prism Illya next?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote
I'm thinking Princess Waltz. had a good story to it and the battles between the princesses would be pretty damn cool if they were animated.
yamata no orochi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:02 am Reply with quote
I would kill for an adaptation of Forest, but assuming that TYPE-MOON ever brings Girls' Work to the screen we could be getting a spiritual sequel to that anyway. Here's hoping!

Otherwise, I'd love it if somebody adapted the What a Beautiful series of visual novel into anime. I'd be happy if Sekien no Inganock was released, but anything else would be great too! Sekien no Inganock is basically the bastard child of Perdido Street Station and Revolutionary Girl Utena, by the way, if nobody's heard of it. It's pretty awesome.

Then there's Cross Channel, but that would require great care and would most likely end in disaster, so
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:01 am Reply with quote
I don't play eroge so I'm not going to tell you anything

but I like the opening song precious wing
from Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete
means like spread your wings in the open sky
I'm moe for girls in wheel chairs for some reason

also, Walkure Romanze would make a good show
as long as they did the battle scenes seriously

EDIT:
oh, wait!
I remember a funny show I saw along time ago about dogs
it's called Ina-Koi!
want to see something funny search for the fandisc opening on youtube
I'm still waiting on my nyan-koi! season 2
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:25 am Reply with quote
Tsukihime's second path, (Akiha, Kohaku and Hisui's story) would be interesting to see adapted.
Ferian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:52 am Reply with quote
Before all else, it would be nice to get a Tsukihime anime... Rolling Eyes

Aiyoku no Eustia - though I have only read the first part of the story (there's no complete English translation yet, and my kanji reading skills are abysmal even with a dictionary on hand), I see a lot of potential in it, considering the combination of excellent writing I have witnessed thus far and favorable reviews from people who have read the Japanese version. However, the setting of the novel and its content (explicit shows of organized crime - violence, prostitution, human trafficing, slavery, torture, and the list just goes on; the protagonist's allegiance and vocation do not help at all) make an anime adaptation a nigh impossibility, unfortunately.

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo. Directing an adaptation of this particular VN would be a nightmare and will challenge even the most talented and experienced in the field. I would love to see if someone manages to handle... THAT issue (not even putting the spoiler here in spoiler tags, for I think it's too much of a spoiler) with at least satisfactory results. The story can be adapted without much of an issue seeing as there are no separate branching routes, only a slight difference depending on the chosen romantic interest. The story itself is engaging and fun, with prominent and successful comic relief elements, yet at the same time complex, deep, well thought through, and well-written... okay, fine, I could find flaws and maybe a few asspulls along the line if I wanted to but screw that.

Yume Miru Kusuri can make an excellent drama in proper hands, though it would likely need a similar approach to Amagami or Yosuga no Sora - the protagonist's development in separate routes makes any combination of the stories highly unlikely.

A proper adaptation of Eien no Aselia would please me greatly. Frankly, I am quite frustrated with this game for a few reasons but gameplay is of no consequence where adaptations are concerned and as long as the scriptwriters don't suck, they should know to tone down the MC's frequent emo phases and cut the more annoying internal monologues (*sigh* yes, you care for your sister, you siscon, we got that the Nth time around, sheesh). They only really matter in the tentacle rape route where they denote the changes in the MC's psyche.

G-Senjou no Maou has terrible side routes (they are decent stories by themselves but do not fit into the picture at all, seeing as they simply drop and forget the entirety of the central plot line without much explanation) but the main story is excellent and I'd love to see it animated.

Finally, the entire Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o franchise needs to be animated, now.
Oroboro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote
While it'd be somewhat cool to see some parts of Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Chiru animated, there is pretty much no possible way to do it justice, especially since all the themes making up the core of the story unpacked in Chiru are missing from the trainwreck that is the first anime. =|

Ever 17 was another fun one, but its major twist relies heavily on the VN format itself, so I dunno. They're making a manga adaption of it, which seems decent at first glance, but it still feels very different.

When sprite hunting one day I stumbled across a VN called Pianissimo, which has no english translation, and nobody anywhere seems to have heard of it. From the plot summary though and what I've seen of the CGs, it looks pretty interesting, but doomed to obscurity.

Oh, and Katawa Shoujo! Despite its distinct "not being Japanese" thing. Very Happy
methaniel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
I don't play eroge so I'm not going to tell you anything

But...but...eroges and Visual Novels are quite different, tons of Visual novels are "safe" (though, I don't know if lots of it actually do make it past the japanese barrier language...)

Anyway, I can but only agree with an adaptation of Heaven's Feel (especially since I don't really like the first 2 part of FSN, saved only by the fact I like Rin. But in terms of story and enjoyment Heaven's Feel is just awesome)
And I must also have doubts as to how ever17 would do in an anime, the twist looks hard to do in a one-go story (doing it like Higurashi? But it's still a bit different...)
jl07045

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quote
I'm with yamata no orochi. Adaptations of Forest and What a Beautiful series would be great. Concerning Tsukihime, I'd wait for TM to deliver the remake and adapt that. Hopefully when I'm still around. Muv Luv Alternative would be nice, but you kinda need the first two parts for it to work. I would also like proper adaptations of Innocent Grey titles. Heaven's Feel of course and Mahoyo after it's finished.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Being a sucker for works adapted by Type-Moon, I'd like to see the Heaven's Feel route from Fate/ Stay Night adapted into an anime in some form. If you thought Fate/ Zero took the Fate franchise into dark enough territory, wait until you get a load of Heaven's Feel, especially with the expanded back story revealed about Sakura and the Matous. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
engima6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Heaven's Feel for me. Great characters
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Cannonball.

It will never happen, but goddammit we need an anime about a smuggler and a loli foxgirl racing in an illegal race across the galaxy.

Seriously, it's like F-Zero meets VNs, shit's amazing.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
G-senjou no Maou and Sharin no Kuni, I guess. I haven't played either one, as I don't play eroge. Despite that, I really want to play both games. Hopefully, an anime would satisfy my needs.

An anime for If My Heart Had Wings would be nice, too.
MoonSttar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Three words: HEAVEN'S FREAKIN' FEEL

What the hell, Type Moon? You did animes for Fate and UBW, but why haven't you given us Heaven's Feel yet? It's by far the best route of the three, not only does it flesh out all the characters more it actually gives a definitive ending to everything. Why are you giving us Prism Illya next?

Heaven's Feel will be coming next year as a movie. Also the fate route was never made. Studio Deen tried to make the fate route and we all know how well that went. Ufotable only made the UBW now and will make Heaven's Feel as a movie next year

As to what i would like to see. Would be gen urobuchi vn Saya no Uta.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1