• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Knight Manga to End in May

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Let me guess: Yuki gets bitten good this time and becomes a full fledged vampire and the whole night class live happily forever after, feasting on each other for passion, and the day class for food, or not as the case might be. Laughing
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
... Wow, you must not have been following the manga in a few years Laughing

But all I'm hoping for in this ending is that Zero ends up happy. spoiler[Even though it was promising when Yuuki was acting independantly from Kaname, once it turns out Kaname wasn't the bastard they though he was she went crawling back to him. I've always hated Kaname and this has proven that Yuuki is just too stupid so I can't really say I care what happens to them. Ideally Kaname will die to become the new parent metal and then Yuuki will give up her life to turn Zero into a human.]
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Good. Finally. I can read manga without getting my heart broken.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:27 pm Reply with quote
THANK GOD.
Nadare Xizos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping for a good ending, but ever since the twist about Yuki was revealed, I haven't found the manga too entertaining. Not really a big Kaname fan so I just want Zero to find a happy ending somehow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Sadly, haven't kept up with the series since the release of Volume 12, with my volumes hidden in some box in my friend's apartment. XP But with it ending soon, guess I'm going to have to catch up to it again.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Sadly the interest supply drained away at volume 3 and my care for it went flat line.
rheiders

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Nadare Xizos wrote:
I'm hoping for a good ending, but ever since the twist about Yuki was revealed, I haven't found the manga too entertaining. Not really a big Kaname fan so I just want Zero to find a happy ending somehow.

My feelings exactly. That was where I dropped the series. I'll keep up with the Wikipedia summary and I might read the rest if Zero gets a happy ending, but otherwise...

Or if Kaname dies. That would be a good ending too.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Twilight ending.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see it's ending. It had started to drag, I think.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm still a fan but my enthusiasm has waned. Matsuri Hino has dragged out the whole love triangle waaay too long. I used to brag about how VK was better than Twilight but here lately it seems like Ms. Hino has been channeling Stephenie Meyer. (For those who would say that she was ripping off Twilight, both series started around the same time. I think VK may have started before Twilight.)

And any respect I had for Yuuki has completely gone. The last chapter made me wanted to throw my computer across the room! But the most recent chapter make me think the author was just trolling us. spoiler[I don't see how Kaname will avoid dying now, it's all just a matter of how it will all go down.] At this point, I just hope Zero gets a happy ending or at least survives.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I have the opposite feelings, as in I hope Zero dies a pathetic death, alone and unloved. I didn't like him much in the beginning, and he did nothing to improve my view of him throughout the series.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I have the opposite feelings, as in I hope Zero dies a pathetic death, alone and unloved. I didn't like him much in the beginning, and he did nothing to improve my view of him throughout the series.

And this right here is another reason I'm glad the series is ending. Twisted Evil
CatoriStar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I have the opposite feelings, as in I hope Zero dies a pathetic death, alone and unloved.

LOL. That's harsh.

I'm also glad it's ending! I don't even care how it ends it should just end. Kaname and Yuki absolutely annoy me. Somewhere along the way it felt like the story stopped having anything to do with story telling or plot. It seemed to become all about drawing brooding characters making regretful, cryptic faces... and nonsensical drama. @.@
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:

I agree, Zero has to die inorder for me to read the reset of the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3