• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BesuDesu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Thanks dude Anime catgrin. And you're REALLY missing out on Paranoia Agent. It's snide, cutting, cynical, and yet extremely poignant and helpful, which is exactly what a good social satire should set out to be. I could ramble on for hours on Satoshi and PA ^^';
kamenishi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Realname: Gina
Sex: female
Blood Type: 0
Marital Status: Single
Ethnicity: german
Pets: two cats, two rabbits, one turtle
Drink/Smoke: yes, socially /no
Likes: helping by the protection of animals, rock concerts
Dislikes: spiders, violence, drugs
Favorite Anime: Full Metal Panic!, Tonari no kaibutsu-kun, Sailor Moon, One Piece, Madoka Magica
Favorite Manga: One Piece, Bleach, Skip Beat!, Vampire Knight, Switch Girl!! and others...
Favorite Music: Coldplay, Charlie Winston, ACDC, Gackt, L´Arc en Ciel
Job: waitress

Last edited by kamenishi on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to the forums kamenishi.

I too quite enjoyed Tonari, even if Haru got a little scary at times, I liked Shizuku and how she grew through the series. FMP is also one of my tops, especiall for a mecha series.
TheGrayGhost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:01 am Reply with quote
Name: I think my username will suffice for the moment.

Sex: Male

Blood Type: AB negative.

Marital Status: Single, so ladies please call 072******* ;D

Ethnicity: 100% professional Swede

Religion: Atheist. Because science has a more awesome explanation for everything.

Pets: None, But i am planning on getting a cat to keep me company in my tiny apartment.

Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially and doesn't smoke.

Likes: Posting on forums, Blogging, Podcasts, Watching movies and anime, Meeting new people and Sushi.

Dislikes: Zealotry, Olives and People who won't listen.

Favorite anime: Macross Plus, Black Lagoon, Gurren Lagann, Azumanga Daioh, Durarara, Baccano, Toradora and Fist of the North Star.

Favorite Manga or Light Novels: Sadly I haven't read that many Light Novels, but if you guys have any good ones to recommend, please hit me up! These days I don't have the time to read that much manga, but i own all the Dragon Ball pockets in swedish and I read alot of Love Hina as a kid, but have lost interest in that series.

Favorite Books: Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, the Dragon Lance Series and anything by Terry Pratchett.

Favorite game: Pokemon Firered, Mark of the Ninja, Final Fantasy VII and IX, Dota 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Shin Megami Tensei (all the games), Arkham City and Asylum, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and Shogun: Total War 2.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Lord of the Rings (again), The Hobbit, Taken, Sherlock Holmes (The Robert Downey jr. ones), Oldboy, Kill Bill, Batman: The Animated Series, Batman: Year One, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and Mythbusters.

Favorite Drink: Pina Colada, Rum and Coke (with Captain Morgan) and Irish Coffee.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke, Mountain Dew (which is really hard to get in sweden), Jul/Påsk Must (Swedish Drink) and ice cold water.

Favorite Foods: I love BBQ and grilling meat outside on a hot summer day. Sushi, Tacos, Salmon and Pizza.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Anime World Order, Facebook and my own site TheGrayGhost.net (self promotion heck yeah!).

Favorite Sport (to watch): Personally I'm not that into watching sports unless it's something special happening like the Super Bowl or The Olympics.

Favorite Sport (to play): I did fencing and Karate as a kid and I'm thinking about getting into Boxing.

Favorite Music: My favorite kind of music is Power Metal, like Edguy, Avantasia and Hammerfall (Sweden represent!). But I listen to a little bit of everything. At the moment I'm kind of into Adele. Oh and Van Canto because acapella metal

Job: I'm not working at the moment, I'm studying at a university.

Hobbies: Playing video games, blogging and watching anime and movies.

Fun facts about TheGrayGhost:
I have my own website.
Broke a rib because a woman threw a large suitcase at me.
Listen to alot of podcasts.
Got roped into going to see Miyabi in Stockholm by my female friends (not that i complain hehe).
Tried to start a let's play, but failed.

Favorite Quotes: "The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head" and "Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate", both by Terry Pratchett.

Pictures: Sadly I'm doing this on my laptop at school, so I don't have any pictures at the moment. But can fix that later.

Last edited by TheGrayGhost on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
guildmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:47 am Reply with quote
Welcome kamenishi / Gina

By the way, what's a trutle? Wink

I'll bet you didn't know that Arc en Ciel (the rainbow in its native French) was a model of racing rim by the (French, of course) maker Super Champion. I had a set of those wheels on my racing bike, but later went to "Record du Monde" rims because they were lighter and were quieter.
kamenishi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:28 am Reply with quote
thanks for the welcome

@guildmaster I mean turtle of course Embarassed .
I didn´t know that "Arc en Ciel" was a model of racing rim as for now.

@DuskyPredator yes, Haru is sometimes kinda scary. But his character is funny too. You are right, Shizuku develops in the series in a better way.

Last edited by kamenishi on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
guildmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:20 am Reply with quote
kamenishi wrote:
thanks for the welcome

@guildmaster I mean turtle of cause Embarassed .
I didn´t know that "Arc en Ciel" was a model of racing rim as for now.

@DuskyPredator yes, Haru is sometimes kinda scary. But his character is funny too. You are right, Shizuku develops in the series in a better way.

Of cause or of course? Wink

I didn't expect you to know about the rims, the bike is older than you are (yes I still have it).

On the other hand, I didn't know that there was a music group by that name either, so now we both know something new.
AnimeGandalf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Name: That's what my username is for ^^

Blood Type: Not a clue

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Caucasian (white)

Religion: Atheist. Becuase science can explain stuff Very Happy

Pets: A dog and a cat.

Drink/Smoke: Neither, smoking repulses me and I'm too young to do either. The closest I've come to drinking is a bucks fizz at christmas ^^

Likes: Anime, Japanese, drumming, walking the dog and biology

Dislikes: Mushrooms, laggy internet and those rodent like dogs who follow you around the place

Favorite anime: Fortune arterial, Baka no test, Zero no tsukaima, Mirai nikki, Btooom!, Toradora

Favorite Manga or Light Novels: Unfortuantly I've never read a light novel (Ikr) but I've read many a manga, again fortune arterial xD However I love Onidere too

Favorite Books: Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, the three musketeers and its sequels (you'd be amazed, zero no tsukaima is a copy of the vicomte de bragelonne and Louise de la valliere which are the third and fourth books of the series)

Favorite game: Minecraft, Gmod, Left 4 dead 2, Orcs must die 2 and the first two paper mario games. I really want Ni no kuni!

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Fraiser, Cheers, Fraiser, D'jango unchained, Fraiser, most gangster movies, Fraiser.

Favorite Drink: Bucks fizz

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coca-cola/pepsi. Milkshakes.

Favorite Foods: Pizza!!!!! However I love burgers, chocolate, hot dogs. Anything unhealthy ^^

Favorite Sites: Youtube, Qwetbox.com (aww yeah shameless self advertising there xD)

Favorite Sport (to watch): I don't like watching sport, I never watch it

Favorite Sport (to play): Fencing, badminton, tennis, I used to do Judo but I don't anymore

Favorite Music: I don't really have a style but I like Ben Folds five/ Ben Folds and Del Amitri.

Job: As I'm only 15 I don't have a job at this point of time. So I guess you could say bum. Or student, whatever floats your boat.

Hobbies: Playing games, gaming channel with my friends, drawing, learning Japanese (Although I'm only a beginner), drumming

Favorite Quotes: "The best quotes are those left unquoted"
-Me, today

Pictures: I currently have no pictures of me on my laptop.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to the forums TheGrayGhost. I would have thought you would have mentioned the Arkham games since you mentioned Batman cartoons/movie.

And ditto to AnimeGandalf. You seem to really like Fraiser, I enjoy that also, Eddie is great.

You both also mentioned Toradora, which yes is one of the best romcoms.
jenny1957

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
Name: Jenny

Sex: Female

Blood Type: A Pos

Marital Status: No longer

Ethnicity: English

Religion: One which is right, waiting till I am in a position to know before I commit

Pets: Had dogs, cats and a multitude in the past

Drink/Smoke: Had a stroke which put paid to my smoking, like to drink when I can

Dislikes: feeling helpless, asking advice, fools

Favorite anime: Claymore, To aru Kagaku no Railgun, anything by Clamp eg Code giess, Blood-C, etc. Saki, Bleach, Darker than Black and loads of others

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Claymore

Favorite Books: Count of Monty Christo, David Copperfield, PG Wodehouse books, the Dune books, David eddings books,

Favorite game: Final Fantasy games, Rachet and clank. Mini Ninjas, Valkyria chronicles, Wipeout.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: True blood, Game of Thrones, Grimm, Alphas, Dr Who, Buffy, Lost Girl, Alpha's. Angel, Heart of Dixie, Grey's anatomy, er, house, bones, criminal minds, Heroes, Star trek all series and films Man from uncle and so it goes on.
Films are just as bad, Senerity, dirty dancing, fried green tomartoes at the whistle stop cafe, kill bill vol 1 & II. Sin city. The colour purple, clerks I & II, Mallrats, Dogma, Jay & Silient Bob strike back, Tom Jane The Punisher film

Favorite Drink: Tequeilla and lemonade with a piece of lime thrown in

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Sasperilla

Favorite Foods:. Anything that moves, failing that chocolate

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Amazon uk

Favorite Sport don't have one

Favorite Music: Uriah heep. The Who, Alanis Morrisette, Manfred Man's earth band.

Job: Psychatric nurse on a low secure ward

Hobbies: Anime, films, writing, art and reading Embarassed
guildmaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Welcome Jenny
I see you don't suffer fools either! Very Happy

And you like Manfred Mann' Earth Band - cool Cool

Did you ever see the movie titled "The Mighty Quinn"?? It featured a Jamaican cover of the song of the sane name.
TheGrayGhost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Welcome to the forums TheGrayGhost. I would have thought you would have mentioned the Arkham games since you mentioned Batman cartoons/movie.

I love the Arkham games, I just totally forgot about them while writing the post haha. Editing to the rescue! Anime hyper
lunamaria87

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
Name: Janna
Sex: Female
Blood Type: A (I think, LOL)
Marital Status: Taken. Been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years
Ethnicity: Polish, German, Russian, Native American, and more. I'm a mix
Religion: Don't really care. Have my own set of beliefs
Pets: 2 cats and a dog in my house. But 1 cat is officially mine
Drink/Smoke: I drink socially most of the time, unless I had a bad day. Don't smoke
Likes: Animals, relaxing, going out places, food, traveling, watching movies and anime, listening to music
Dislikes: Rude people, anything spicy, bridges (they scare me), backstabbers, math (or anything that involves graphing)
Favorite Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist, Gundam SEED, Bleach, Fushigi Yuugi, Tenchi Muuyo, Ah! My Goddess, Noir, Slayers, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, VanDread, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Chrono Crusade, Yu Yu Hakusho, Samurai Deeper Kyo, AIR
Favorite Manga or Light Novels: Fullmetal Alchemist, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Chrono Crusade, Fushigi Yuugi, Ceres, Suzuka, Fruits Basket
Favorite Books: Sarah's Key, My Sister's Keeper, Second Glance, Devil in the White City, Mortal Instruments series, Infernal Devices series, Battle Royale, The Pact
Favorite Games: Soul Caibur (2, 3, 4), King of Fighters, Fatal Frame. I don't play many video games
Favorite TV shows/movies: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Criminal Minds, Supernatural, True Blood, NCIS, Battle Royale, The Eye (original), Alien movies, Evil Dead, Xena, Hercules, Fox and the Hound. I love Scary/Sci-fi/Crime type movies and Disney movies. Weird combination. LOL.
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Fitz's soda (any), Vanilla coke, water
Favorite Foods[/b unagi (eel), okonomiyaki, udon noodles, pasta, sushi, cheese (LOVE cheese)
[b]Favorite Sites
: animenewsnetwork, twitter, facebook, cdjapan, yesasia, hmv japan, generasia, ebay, amazon
Favorite Sport (to watch): Baseball
Favorite Sport (to play): Baseball, volleyball, and hockey (hard choice)
Favorite Music: Japanese music. Listen to mostly J-pop an J-R&B. And anime music sometimes. Also like some alternative and pop music as well.
Job: Retail. Customer service and cashier. I can do it all basically.
Hobbies: Watching movies. Hanging out with friends. Going out to random places. Listening to music.
Fun facts about me: I have trouble telling people 'No'. I have a bad habit of buying items on a whim. I don't like math but I'm good at it. I get distracted easily. I'm a very positive person. I use my cute voice to get my way (works most of the time). I don't look my age, people think I am younger than I am. I can read, write, and speak Japanese, although I still have much to learn, I plan to be fluent as its my minor. I am a very loud person, even though I am very small. I work for an anime convention.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
lunamaria87 wrote:
I'm a mix

Damn, I'm a remix. Sad

tsusfsdufsdufsduu ego ego ego tsuusussu ist

leaving the the the the area while moderator free

tsutsutsustusut sum

I don't know rap either. Sad
MrPink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Name: Jonathan

Blood Type: Why, who needs a blood transfusion? (honestly not sure)

Marital Status: i have a girlfriend but i don't plan on getting married anytime soon.

Ethnicity: Caucasian (one quarter Cuban)

Religion: Agnostic

Pets: a cat.

Drink/Smoke: Too young to drink and couldn't even if i wanted to. Although i have smoked before and did not hate it.

Likes: Anime, Playing guitar, Music, Video Games, NARUTO, Horror Movies, and Sony Products.

Dislikes: American pop, Kristen Stewart, Twilight, Justin Beaver, hipsters, Apple Products.... I think you get the point.

Favorite Anime: Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, Fullmetal alchemist, Shuffle!, Soul Eater, Ao No Exorcist...ect.

Favorite Manga or Light Novels: Haven't really read many manga Due to the fact that our library has a very small selection. I am open to suggestions though!

Favorite Books: Maximum Ride, Night World books, Witch and Wizard.... i don't read much.

Favorite Games: (PS3) Kingdom Hearts, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, Dragon Age 2, Gran Turismo 5, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus, Penumbra, F.E.A.R., Sly 1, 2, and 3, Beyonetta.

Favorite TV shows/movies: Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, Family Guy, Sponge Bob, History Channel, Discovery Channel, Spirited Away, Saw series, Final Destination series, any horror film, ect.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Sweat Iced Tea.......Blame my southern heritage.

Favorite Foods: Macaroni and cheese, Chinese, Mexican, almost anything but seafood.

Favorite Sites: Animefreak.tv, Funnyjunk.com, 911tabs.com, and hopefully soon this site. (i already like it)

Favorite Sport (to watch): None
Favorite Sport (to play): Soccer.....or as its known elsewhere football. Not american football.

Favorite Music: Metal, Rock, Rap, Japanese pop, and just a little dubstep. I like almost anything except for american pop. I even like a little country even though most of it makes me twitch. But its not like american pop.

Job: So far, nothing. I hope to be a computer programmer in the future though.

Hobbies: Playing my guitar(electric, acoustic, Spanish, bass, and trying to learn violin to no avail), Playing my video games, Solving Puzzles(anything that could be hard or confusing), the internet.

Fun facts about me: Well there aren't many "fun" facts about me other than I'm 17 and in college. I'm even in the honor society. Computers are my passion, my hobby, and my life. I love working on computers and electronics in general for fun and would like to do it for a career. Also my username (MrPink) is a joke between me and my friends about the movie Reservoir Dogs by Quentin Tarantino.

Side-Note: I'm looking for a way to release some stress and make some friends. I hope I am accepted in this community and make new friends with the same interests. I look forward to future discussions and conversations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 179 of 233