• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girls & Panzer Limited Edition BDs' Encore Reissue Considered

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote
This anime was soooo much better than I ever expected. I want more
FLAZE35

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
When I first saw this title in the upcoming anime list, I dismissed it as another one of those typical shows that cross moe girls with weapons (whether it's mecha, guns, swords, or, in this case, tanks) and have unnecessary fan service. Eventually, I decided to check it out. While it was indeed a silly cross of moe and tanks, I was pleasantly surprised to find no fan service. In addition, it managed to keep every battle exciting and it was overall fun to watch. I would definitely watch a second season if they made one.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 am Reply with quote
FLAZE35 wrote:
When I first saw this title in the upcoming anime list, I dismissed it as another one of those typical shows that cross moe girls with weapons (whether it's mecha, guns, swords, or, in this case, tanks) and have unnecessary fan service. Eventually, I decided to check it out. While it was indeed a silly cross of moe and tanks, I was pleasantly surprised to find no fan service. In addition, it managed to keep every battle exciting and it was overall fun to watch. I would definitely watch a second season if they made one.

what are you talking about. This anime is totally normal from the beginning. We all know tankery is perfect training for women. Guys and tanks are just mismatch.
FLAZE35

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:57 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
FLAZE35 wrote:

what are you talking about. This anime is totally normal from the beginning. We all know tankery is perfect training for women. Guys and tanks are just mismatch.

I certainly didn't know. But now I do. Smile
guildmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote
I'd buy it, but only if it were to be produced with an English language audio.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'd skip this if Sentai gives it the DVD-only treatment, and I'd hate to be duped into double dipping or the notion that the DVD needs to sell in order to get the HD version. A dub would work fine, characters need accents.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Yeah, I'd skip this if Sentai gives it the DVD-only treatment, and I'd hate to be duped into double dipping or the notion that the DVD needs to sell in order to get the HD version. A dub would work fine, characters need accents.

Agreed. As much as I've enjoyed this series, I won't support Sentai if they don't dub this series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
i'll buy it regardless of format.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely be buying the Sentai release due to their bringing it over instead of say, Ninja Tits:The animation. Sub or dub, BD or DVD, I do not care. The show is fantastic and well worth owning.

That said I'm surprised to hear this. Very, very, very, very rarely does a company ever do an encore release of LE BDs. Even Tiger & Bunny which was extremely undercut in its vol. 1 LE BD release never as far as I know printed any more (you can buy it on Amazon JP for the low price of 22800 yen. Ever since the final episode aired vols 2-6 have been in the top 25 on Amazon's top DVD/BD list so there is definitely even more demand than what had already been established as the top selling Fall 2012 anime.
Annf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
That said I'm surprised to hear this. Very, very, very, very rarely does a company ever do an encore release of LE BDs. Even Tiger & Bunny which was extremely undercut in its vol. 1 LE BD release never as far as I know printed any more (you can buy it on Amazon JP for the low price of 22800 yen.

They sort of did.
They re-released the contents that came with the Tiger & Bunny vol. 1 LE so could buy them separately to turn your RE into an LE.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1