• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Majestic Prince Robot Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iCards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote
"A home video release later this year."

What about that "cool-down" period Funimation said that Japanese companies like to have.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Sentai does that with their PR all the time. Rule of thumb is to not trust their home video time frames on simulcast acquisitions. It's very unlikely they will actually release it this year.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
It seems Sentai are just licensing and licensing stuff without stopping. I don't think I've heard anything from Funi for a while (in terms of acquiring new shows).
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
I don't think I've heard anything from Funi for a while (in terms of acquiring new shows).

they announced they had karneval today, and the next announcement will be in about 3 hours
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
iCards wrote:

What about that "cool-down" period Funimation said that Japanese companies like to have.
Funimation is so slow and lax with their issued release dates that I really wouldn't put it past them to overplay a plausible issue like a Japanese-induced delay in order to deflect blame from its justifiably-miffed customers. I suppose that I should give them the benefit of the doubt as that excuse is plausible and they do try but it is hard to do so when I should be watching Last Exile Fam of the Silver Wing dubbed this month (Carrie Savage ftw).

Which reminds me of one important tid-bit not included in this article: will this Sentai physical release be dubbed @ release?
sam6782

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
iCards wrote:

Funimation is so slow and lax with their issued release dates that I really wouldn't put it past them to overplay a plausible issue like a Japanese-induced delay in order to deflect blame from its justifiably-miffed customers. I suppose that I should give them the benefit of the doubt as that excuse is plausible and they do try but it is hard to do so when I should be watching Last Exile Fam of the Silver Wing dubbed this month (Carrie Savage ftw).

Which reminds me of one important tid-bit not included in this article: will this Sentai physical release be dubbed @ release?

It depends on how well the streaming numbers are when it starts streaming on The Anime Network(which will be probably be in May). So if want a dub/Blu-Ray release for Majestic Prince,watch it on The Anime Network(even if you are watching it CR since they probably cant see the numbers on CR).
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote
sam6782 wrote:
Echo_City wrote:
iCards wrote:

It depends on how well the streaming numbers are when it starts streaming on The Anime Network(which will be probably be in May). So if want a dub/Blu-Ray release for Majestic Prince,watch it on The Anime Network(even if you are watching it CR since they probably can't see the numbers on CR).

These shows are generally sublicensed from Sentai to Crunchyroll, so they do usually have access to the streaming numbers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1