• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Ar-moe-geddon

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timeenforceranubis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to commend Zac on spelling my last name correctly. All through elementary, middle, and high school people have spelled my last name "Houghton," which has probably personally pissed me off more than anything any Anti-Moe Brigade person has said (With a few exceptions), so yeah, Zac has succeeded where many teachers, faculty, and fellow students throughout my life have failed.

That said, I thank Zac again for the opportunity to come on the podcast, and I encourage people to continue the conversation here on the forum.

Edit: Also, to flesh myself out a bit, I'm not just Taskforce MOE guy. My site is http://sheslostcontrol.net, where you can find my anime blog, my gaming blog (that I need to post more on), NTR Radio, which is my own podcast, and, of course Taskforce MOE.
Ian K

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote
"Doop da doop, this podcast sounds fun, I think I'll click that hyperlink to the dude's website so I can fully appreciate this conversation."

"WHOA HEY that's not safe for work!"

And now I'm fired.

Okay actually I'm not, BUT I COULD HAVE BEEN
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Is it really NSFW I usually listen to these at work when I am doing some mundane task (of course I have headphones on but still)?
Ian K

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Not the podcast, Timeenforceranubis's website.
laceblade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm 40 minutes in...do they ever talk about non-male moe fans, or should I just stop?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
laceblade wrote:
I'm 40 minutes in...do they ever talk about non-male moe fans, or should I just stop?

According to the internet they don't exist.

Notice how everyone talks about loli but it's like shota doesn't exist.

Also, it's really cringeworthy to go through. I can almost sense Zac's trepidation and his obvious "ugh, why am I subjecting myself to this?" sentiment myself.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote
laceblade wrote:

If that's literally the only thing you're interested in, sure, I guess. But it comes up during Twitter time.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
It is kind of an awkward talk, but hey I think Zac is at least trying to understand. I mean yeah, his bias is obvious and well why shouldn't it be?

As someone who can't stand moe and is turned off by the fanbase. I'm still interested in people talking about this crap and well at least Zac is attempting to do it in a rationale way, which is something I would never do.

And hey man Bible Black has a great story! And an even better dub!

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Ian K wrote:
Not the podcast, Timeenforceranubis's website.

Okay thanks for the clarification. It's probably not a website I would venture to even when I was not at work.

edit: And I realize if I had read your post closer that is exactly what you said. Embarassed
Timeenforceranubis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
For the benefit of those concerned with the NSFW nature of the images on Taskforce MOE, I've removed what I assume to be the offending image from the posts with it as the header. Do note, however, that the images included in the articles under the "Operation Shion Fujino" category may still contain explicit images.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Which is funny because I enjoy a lot of shows which are popular with fujoshi and it's amazing just how far more perverted and explicit women can be when it comes to underage boys than the guys are with underage girls, but no one ever seems to call them out on it. Especially the Hunter x Hunter, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Inazuma Eleven fanbases.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Zac: "However, I have noticed in my time, and I have been doing this a long time and moé's been around for quite a while now, I have noticed that I've seen a lot of hardcore moé fans, once they get into a real relationship, they drop the moé stuff completely."

Me (forever alone): Well, by that logic, I guess there's about zero chance I'll be giving up moé anytime soon. Laughing

Or ever. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

Which is funny because I enjoy a lot of shows which are popular with fujoshi and it's amazing just how far more perverted and explicit women can be when it comes to underage boys than the guys are with underage girls, but no one ever seems to call them out on it. Especially the Hunter x Hunter, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Inazuma Eleven fanbases.

And then we get into otokonoko...let me just say one word: NemuNemu. And I'll leave it at that. Women can be perverted as hell.
Timeenforceranubis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote
laceblade wrote:

To be honest, I'd love to get a female moe fan's perspective on moe and the concepts surrounding it. I've actually been seeking a female moe fan who's willing to write for Taskforce MOE because I feel like that's a perspective that isn't explored nearly as much as the perspective of male moe fans (And it's debatable how much that perspective is truly explored), so I apologize for the lack of discussion about non-male moe fans. I can only truly represent myself, and I don't feel like I have the kind of knowledge to speak on behalf of non-male moe fans, nor would even if I felt like I did.

Though, if any non-male moe fans are willing to step up and lend their perspective to the discussion, I'd welcome that.
laceblade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Timeenforceranubis wrote:
laceblade wrote:

To be honest, I'd love to get a female moe fan's perspective on moe and the concepts surrounding it. I've actually been seeking a female moe fan who's willing to write for Taskforce MOE because I feel like that's a perspective that isn't explored nearly as much as the perspective of male moe fans (And it's debatable how much that perspective is truly explored), so I apologize for the lack of discussion about non-male moe fans. I can only truly represent myself, and I don't feel like I have the kind of knowledge to speak on behalf of non-male moe fans, nor would even if I felt like I did.

Though, if any non-male moe fans are willing to step up and lend their perspective to the discussion, I'd welcome that.

Hi, I guess I am sort of a female moe fan. (The questions read during the podcast by @ribbonknight were submitted by me, so that gives you an idea of where I'm at.)
I like K-ON!, Tari Tari, & Hanasaku Iroha. I'm watching AKB0048 right now & like it a lot.

(I'm uninterested in writing for your site, sorry.)

I find Zac's take on the voyeurism in K-ON! kind of fascinating, because I didn't feel that way at all watching it. I think that take is entirely related to the male gaze.
I was absolutely invested in the actual characters, their friendship, and the music they made together. That is the only reason I watched the show. (I am straight, idk if that matters.)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 77