• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Winter Games & 3rd Sonic Nintendo Exclusive Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I had bought the games for Beijing and Vancouver, but I still need to get London. I don't see when I'll be getting Sochi, if I ever do, as I have no inclination to buy a Wii U. That is disappointing to me because I hold these games in high regard as symbols of peace and diplomacy. Releasing it only on the Wii U will not help that system's sales, and in fact will only hurt the game itself. Too, the popularity of the 3DS is growing, steadily but surely.

I love you Nintendo, but stop trying so hard with the Wii U already. You marketed it terribly and anything you're doing right now with it just looks like overcompensation.
americananimotk

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:02 am Reply with quote
Want to know what will really help sell the Wii U? How about a game where Mario and Sonic go on an ADVENTURE with each other? You know, the Mario and Sonic crossover game we've all wanted all this time?!
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote
The crossover olympics titles were always going to jump from Wii to Wii U this year, so that one isn't a surprise. That the other title is a multiplatform release with 3DS shows that Sega has no confidence in the Wii U's solo selling capability and rightly so.

Last game to come is supposedly going to be a Sonic racing/Mario Kart crossover going off tweets from Sumo digital, so nostalgia buttons being pressed at maximum it appears.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:45 pm Reply with quote
americananimotk wrote:
Want to know what will really help sell the Wii U? How about a game where Mario and Sonic go on an ADVENTURE with each other? You know, the Mario and Sonic crossover game we've all wanted all this time?!

Yeah, why hasn't that happen? Instead all we've gotten is a bunch of gimmicky sports game. I'd totally buy a crossover adventure game, it would help to mix up the stale premise of princess peach getting kidnapped in every mario game Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1