• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rheiders

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:24 am Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum, cliftonrobertson! Glad you've been enjoying it so far Smile
heavenbuster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
Name: Justin

Sex: Male

Blood Type: I wish I knew it...

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Many things, all I know for sure is Native American (Blackfoot and Cherokee), Polish, and Finnish are all part of it.

Religion: I don't follow any religion, I just follow what is proven or I have seen with my own eyes.

Pets: Used to own 2 dogs a German Shepard and a Siberian Husky.

Drink/Smoke: I Drink very rarely and do not smoke at all.

Likes: Anime, Reading, Hanging out with my friend when I have the time to, and reading forum posts.

Dislikes: People who purposely use bad spelling/grammar. Other genera things like abusers, people who complain constantly, among other things.

Favorite anime: Garden of Sinners, Wolf's Rain, Chrono Crusade, Clannad, Kanon, Air, Inuyasha, Summer Wars, any Hayao Miyazaki movie, and Rurouni Kenshin

Favorite Manga: Inuyasha, Wolf's Rain, Rurouni Kenshin, Rave Master, and Yu-gi-oh.

Favorite Books: Eragon series, Inkheart series, Dragon Rider, Dragonlance Chronicles, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit.

Favorite games: Final Fantasy up to X, Final Fantasy Tactics + War of the Lions, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Sword of Mana, all of the colored Pokémon games, Pokémon Coliseum, Legend of Dragoon, Spyro, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Dragon Age II, Mass Effect Trilogy, Enchanted Arms, and the Resident Evil Series. Oh, and I really enjoy playing Hanafuda Koi Koi.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: TV - Pokémon (First Season), Ben 10, Justice League, and The X-Files.
Movies - Marvel Movies, DC Movies, X-Files Fight the Future, X-Files I Want to Believe, Resident Evil Movies, Independence Day, The Core, The Neverending Story, Hocus Pocus, Airplane, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Harry Potter movies, Rush Hour 1 & 2, Bleach: Memories of Nobody.

Favorite Drink: Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Coke, Dr. Pepper, Arizona Sweet Tea, Tea, Lemonade, Chocolate Milk, Orange Crush, Root Beer, The Neck snap (alcoholic).

Favorite Foods: Macaroni and Cheese, Chinese food ( favorite being Sweet and Sour Chicken, Beef Teriyaki, Pizza.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Amazon, Rightstuf, Facebook, Ebay, Live Journal.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Hockey

Favorite Music: Anything from a game or anime soundtrack, Metal, Alternative, K-pop, J-rock, Visual Kai, GACKT, Miyavi, Versailles.

Job: Retail sales, IT, Stock. I am currently going to College for Business Management so I can hopefully be a manager one day though.

Hobbies: Collecting Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards, Putting together Model Gundam Figures, Watching Anime on DVD.

Fun facts:
-I tend to never do these things or reply to posts because I am to nervous to, I'm doing this because this is a really col place and I was told to try and be more outgoing.
-I can't swim no matter how hard I try
-I am terrible at Math
-I find myself to be dreadfully boring and ordinary, and generally a nuisance to others.

Favorite Quotes:
"Of course...I'll come back to you. Even if you don't promise to wait. I'll return knowing you'll be here." —Last line of LOVELESS

"Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return." -Last Chapter of LOVELESS

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." -Audrey Hepburn
(I have many others I enjoy from Anime, but I will do those when I am at home and have more time.)

Anyway that's a bit about me, hope it was not to dull or annoying. I am glad to be here, and look forward to spending a lot of time reading around, and hopefully find some things to respond on. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Tris8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Welcome heavenbuster!

heavenbuster wrote:
Favorite Books: Eragon series, Inkheart series, Dragon Rider, Dragonlance Chronicles, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit.
Those are all favorites of mine too (except Dragonlance, which I haven't read). From this list, I'm guessing you really like dragons? (I mean who doesn't, they're awesome)

heavenbuster wrote:
-I tend to never do these things or reply to posts because I am to nervous to, I'm doing this because this is a really col place and I was told to try and be more outgoing.
There's nothing to be nervous about, we won't bite! Well, Psycho 101 may bite, but you're a guy so at least you don't have to worry about Blood- stalking you.
heavenbuster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Tris8.
Dragonlance is really good, though they have a lot of books. Not all by the same author but I think they may go together in some small way. I only have a couple sets they all go with the War of Souls which is my favorite set right now.
I do love Dragons, ever since I was little, I used to always want to meet a dragon, it was not until I was about 11 before I realized they do not exist anymore or if at all.
Who is Psycho101 and Blood-? Should I worry about them? haha
larinon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I love the Dragonlance Chronicles. A lot of D&D players encounter them at one point or another given how they are interrelated. I've only really read the Chronicles themselves though, out of all the books produced for Dragonlance. (Weis & Hickman's original trilogy)

Tasslehoff is the best. Also, tinker gnomes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
heavenbuster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I got the War of Souls set as a present one year and after that I bought I believe one or two other sets that go with it, I am sad to say I have not had a chance to read them yet, I am hoping with this summer I can go back and read the War of Souls again and then the other two sets I bought. I never thought I would come across someone else who has read any of them, so I feel I should read them now, also since I have forgotten a bit of what I did read, it easily tops my chart as one of the best sets I have read so far in my life. I have to agree that Tasslehoff is a good character though if memory serves correctly.
GhostOfSide3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Name: Cody MountainDew Camacho #Doritos
Blood Type: You can't fool me, cyber vampires.
Ethnicity: White North American. Ancestors are Anglo-European, German, and Native American.
Religion: Don't really care but Christianity and Buddhism are appealing.
Pets: Cats4Life
Drink/Smoke: Drinks on rare occasion. Don't really smoke.
Likes: Comic books, giant robots, retro video games, music, old anime, movies, art, and more.
Dislikes: Dark lord moe, harem and highschool shows.
Favorite anime: FLCL, Getter Robo, Mobile Suit Gundam, Galaxy Express 999, Space Pirate Captian Harlock, Patlabor, Ghost in the Shell, Urusei Yatsura, Devilman, ect. ect.
Favorite Manga: Anything from Osamu Tezuka, Masamune Shirow's early stuff, Maison Ikkoku, Leiji Matsumoto's Galaxy Express 999, Gundam: The Origin.
Favorite Books: Anything from Philip K. Dick, William Gibson, Grant Morrison, Chuck Palahniuk, Koji Suzuki, House of Leaves, and John Dies at the End.
Favorite game: I'm a sucker for all those Gundam games on the ps1 and PS2, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Team Ico games, and Rocketknight Adventures.
Favorite TV shows/Movies: Blade Runner, Mad Max, Escape from New York, Dredd, Drive, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Return of the Jedi, and The Karate Kid(1984)
Favorite Drink: Something sweet.
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Full Throttle, water, green tea.
Favorite Foods: Sandwiches, udon noodles, seafood. I eat healthy most of the time.
Favorite Sites: Dumb social networking sites, YouTube, various forums, and shopping sites like Amazon and Ebay.
Favorite Sport (to watch): I really don't care for any sports, but Hockey is kind of okay.
Favorite Sport (to play): None sports. Extreme sports are alright though.
Favorite Music: Obscure hipster recordcollector-core stuff. I'm quite fond of Mew.
Job: Retail but looking for something better.
Hobbies: Guitar, model kits, collecting comics and retro video games, ect.

Fun facts:
I used to browse MyOtaku 10 years ago.
I'm a big fan of old school anime.
Toonami helped by my gateway to anime outside of my local video store.

Favorite Quotes:
"Taste the meat, not the heat" -Hank Hill

Pictures:
Part of my face with my sister behind me. [/url]
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:57 am Reply with quote
@GhostofSide3 - You automatically are awesome for liking Mew.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:48 am Reply with quote
heavenbuster wrote:

I've heard on the downlow that that Blood- guy is totally awesome but watch out for Psycho101. Rumour has it he once killed an albino wombat in Albany, New York just to watch it die. True story.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:47 am Reply with quote
Ya know I honestly just had this random itch that I should check this thread. Like I had been summoned almost..... Twisted Evil Every time I try to leave they just pull me back in.

Blood- wrote:
heavenbuster wrote:

I've heard on the downlow that that Blood- guy is totally awesome but watch out for Psycho101. Rumour has it he once killed an albino wombat in Albany, New York just to watch it die. True story.

I'd appreciate it if you would stop spreading lies about me. It was an albino lemur (that's what I'm calling him anyways) and it was up in Casper Wyoming on a mountain trail. More privacy. And it wasn't just to watch him die. It was for scientific purposes.

Tris8 wrote:
There's nothing to be nervous about, we won't bite! Well, Psycho 101 may bite, but you're a guy so at least you don't have to worry about Blood- stalking you.

I just had my rabies booster so it's all good.
knoell8504

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 am Reply with quote
Name: John - the perfect name to leave you wondering if it's my real name or not.

Ethnicity: 99% German, 1% everything else

Religion: Christian, but please don't assume I'm judging you just because of that. Smile

Favorite anime: Chrome Shelled Regios probably, but lately I've been really getting into Naruto Shippuden.

Favorite Books: The Inheritance series

Favorite game: The original Halo

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork of course, and Q/A sites like yahoo answers; I like helping people find stuff.

Favorite Music: I listen to a little bit of everything, but I do listen to a lot of emo, screamo, good ole rock, and I do love Techno remixes....has a love for Ace of Base also, along with bad music from the 80s.

Job: Returning student/small business owner
Tris8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Welcome knoell8504! I hope you have a good time here. This is a great place to discuss anime.

knoell8504 wrote:
Favorite Books: The Inheritance series
I really like that series too. I found the 2nd book to be a little slow, but loved the ending to the Cycle. It was very satisfying and I was very glad he didn't go the predictable route, particularly with the romance. I hope Paolini writes more stories set within the world of Alagaësia.
bunlip

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:01 am Reply with quote
Name-rather not tell
Gender-male
Location-Michigan
Age-14
Maritial status-single(never been on date, do not really care about that...would rather game,read, or study)
Likes-animals,video games,comics,D&D,reading, and manga.
Dislikes-neighbors and just most people
Favorite manga-devil may cry
Favorite game-Borderlands 2
Favorite music-rock(pink floyd and nazareth),rap(ol dirty bastard(pardon my langauge). and biggie smalls),country(hank williams and johnny cash), some classical, and music like dean mmartin.
Interesting facts-
tallest kid in my school for being a freshman, I like learning,friends think I'm addicted to video games(only like 3500 hours in favorite games), trying to learn brinary code, got a lot of scars, very few friends in schol(i'm 14 and don't understand the appeal of parties) I can quote my games quite easily. I could go on but I wont...but I could.
Gleedaniel13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:29 am Reply with quote
Hey,

I am new to this forum. I am from Philippines and I really like to watch an anime. What can you recommend?
Tris8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:48 am Reply with quote
Hello Gleedaniel13! If you want recommendations, this is the place to look. There are individual threads for pretty much any genre you could be interested in.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 186 of 233