• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Infinite Stratos 2 (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Infinite Stratos 2

Genres: action, drama, romance, science fiction, tournament
Themes: harem, mecha, school, school life

Episode 1
They're back~

The new OP song is alright I guess. Obviously, I spot two new characters in there. Kinda glad to see everyone back although spoiler[Laura sure makes her presence known the most when she showed up with that swimsuit on LOL.]

She looks pretty though in this episode and spoiler[kicked ass in that cafe when those robbers came. I also thought the Laura + Charlotte moments were adorable.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
The yuri was strong in this episode. The M person was interesting, spoiler[she looks like Chifuyu, but I doubt it is her. It would be really stupid if M does turn out to be Chifuyu. Maybe it is their mom or something.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Eh, this episode could have been better paced. In the end it was kinda just an extended commercial for the OVA.

The important thing was the introduction of spoiler[Phantom Task]. Though it does lose a bit of its mystery since spoiler[all the members are shown in the opening.]

Then we got Tatenashi. I wonder how she's going to be recieved here...

WhiteHairGirls wrote:
The yuri was strong in this episode.

Oh, and just a heads up, spoiler[we'll get some legit yuri later.]
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
s1 didn't sit so well with me. I enjoyed it because I love all things mecha musume but that stuff (and the plot) felt like an afterthought. Hopefully some fresh characters and a plot focus (or much better fan service if they're still afraid of having a story) will make up for s1's flaws.

Since Charlotte and Laura are the only two characters I like I did enjoy the episode.

Actually I'm likely denser than Ichika for asking this but when he saw Rin, why did she get pissed at him? Was she pissed because she was in shorts and a bikini top? It didn't look like a bra. I don't know about a 99% all girls' school but where I live girls wear that anywhere on really hot days. Also, I might be confusing her with another character but wasn't she all "I'm your wife." when she showed up in s1? It just struck me as odd.

So here's looking forward to good mecha musume battles and fun new characters.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:

Also, I might be confusing her with another character but wasn't she all "I'm your wife." when she showed up in s1? It just struck me as odd.

Laura was the one who made Ichika her "wife" in the first season.

@Vaisaga

spoiler[There is legit yuri in this series? With who?]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
s1 didn't sit so well with me. I enjoyed it because I love all things mecha musume but that stuff (and the plot) felt like an afterthought. Hopefully some fresh characters and a plot focus (or much better fan service if they're still afraid of having a story) will make up for s1's flaws.

As a light novel reader, I can assure you that now is when the actual plot kicks in. Season 1 was mostly just build up and hint dropping.

Bango wrote:
Actually I'm likely denser than Ichika for asking this but when he saw Rin, why did she get pissed at him? Was she pissed because she was in shorts and a bikini top? It didn't look like a bra. I don't know about a 99% all girls' school but where I live girls wear that anywhere on really hot days.

Looks more like a bra to me. Why bikini tops are okay but bras aren't is one of the great mysteries of the world.

Cyclone1993 wrote:
@Vaisaga

spoiler[There is legit yuri in this series? With who?]

It's not much, but spoiler[2 of the villains are an item.]
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Why bikini tops are okay but bras aren't is one of the great mysteries of the world.

LOL. Truth. An ex once told me it was because underwear goes under clothes but I don't buy it. You're still covered. Of course Rin is fine with being seen in a swimsuit, right?

Actually I just inspected that scene very well just now and what made me conclude that it was a bikini top was the lack of adjustable clip thingies on the straps and clasp on the back (assuming it wasn't a front fastener and the clasp was under the puffy thing, which seems like it'd be a pain). That's usually a deciding point for the bra/bikini thing. It's also funny how it looks like the left strap vanishes entirely in the first scene (though it could arguably be hidden under her hair and at a very odd angle)
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Looks more like a bra to me. Why bikini tops are okay but bras aren't is one of the great mysteries of the world.

It is because girl's buy bras/panties for themselves and/or for their lovers, while they buy bikinis to be seen by everyone. But she does like him so I don't see the need to punch him. Anime girls need to be more like Senjougahara.
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
If I were her I'd be angrier that he opened the door than what he actually saw. But the show didn't make it seem that way.
Raftina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Bango wrote:

Also, I might be confusing her with another character but wasn't she all "I'm your wife." when she showed up in s1? It just struck me as odd.

Laura was the one who made Ichika her "wife" in the first season.

Rin alluded to a roundabout marriage promise that Ichika never realized was a marriage promise, but she did not declare herself to be his wife or fiance.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I can barely remember season 1, I considered buying it when I saw it at the store recently, but I remembered that I did not have much strong feelings for this series and I am supposed to be saving. TWGOK season 3 made me buy the first two, so who knows.

Regardless first episode was pretty poor. Charlotte and Laura might be the characters I actually like, but I found that the yuri moments did not sit quite right, like it was out of character and tacked on by the writers. To be honest I wanted the episode done with about half way so that they could get something better next week, did not help that the second half was a lame slideshow thing of the OVA. Oh, while the maid and butler thing is nice to look at, it made so little sense that I could not enjoy it, although I could enjoy the cats.

Something that did grab me. That taller white haired girl with red eyes and short hair, I normally like more petite characters and thus Laura should be up, but this new one looked smoking. New favourite character in this is probably a villain.

I also have a growing dislike for the so dense male main characters.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:21 am Reply with quote
first ep is a filler to promote the ova.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Oh, while the maid and butler thing is nice to look at, it made so little sense that I could not enjoy it

What didn't make sense about it? Charlotte and Laura were recruited to work at a Maid cafe.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Oh, while the maid and butler thing is nice to look at, it made so little sense that I could not enjoy it

What didn't make sense about it? Charlotte and Laura were recruited to work at a Maid cafe.

They are international students at military school of sorts for piloting some of the most powerful technology in the world, and are chosen representatives of their countries. They were somehow chosen out of the blue to suddenly work at a café when they were just enjoying themselves which I am not sure someone would agree to that, or whether the school would allow them to do that.

Also I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, which might make me look like an idiot.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote
No sarcasm. Just honest curiosity.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8