• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Walkure Romanze (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote

Walkure Romanze

Genres: action, romance
Plot Summary: Walkure Romanze's story revolves around Takahiro Mizuno, a student studying at an academy with jousting as its main focus for sport. Takahiro acts as an advisor to the riders of the sport. Takahiro goes through each day tediously until the time of the annual competition draws near. Due to some odd circumstances, his childhood friend Mio Kisaki is enrolled into the competition. As she has never even rode a horse once in her life, Takahiro senses the fear in his friend and becomes Mio's coach.

Episode 1
I have not played the game before but I have read part of the manga. So, jousting huh? I'm curious to see how this will go..and I see a lot of horses.

Character designs are kinda odd but there's a variety of characters. Seems like there's some spoiler[flashbacks] so maybe more details on explaining them later on would be cool.

Mm, I'm ready for more jousting. And oh snap, one of the horses got spoiler[aggressive] near the end there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
For a first episode it is decent enough presentation for the concept of the series.
Most of the girls want our male lead Takahiro Mizuno as there begleiter due to his high degree of familiarity with jousting and his current talents with horse care taking, Mio on the other hand seems to just wants to ask him out on a date but it seems Mizuno is a little too down on himself to notice when a girl is practically throwing herself at him.

This is a light hearted affair overall but I find useful as a relaxing watch in place of needing something with high action, so I will give this a watch as long as it keeps up with the tone or at the very least my interest.

Last edited by FenixFiesta on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I liked Princess Lover and based on the first episode, I will probably end up liking this one too.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I like that Takahiro seems to be a level headed harem protagonist, but a little more emotion would be nice. she barely had any screen time, but I'm already hoping Celia wins
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I like the setting and the Seiba clone, guess I'll be following.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I like the setting and the Seiba clone, guess I'll be following.

So you weren't being sarcastic in the preview thread
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Pretty knights and jousting. Eh, why not? I wonder why the female lead gets a haircut?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Pretty knights and jousting. Eh, why not? I wonder why the female lead gets a haircut?

helmet hair in unbecoming
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

That's how female anime characters get developed. They cut their hair.
Bango

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
This seems fun. The girls are hot, the dude seems cool enough, the art is pretty and there's a sport so even if it goes too far into harem land the jousting can save us.

I also feel that a jousting anime paves the way to me finally getting my caber toss series. Seriously, jousting is pretty unexpected. Although it's that sissy horse jousting. Everyone knows REAL knights joust on ostriches.

I also dig the Utena-style uniform.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

Don't think I have seen jousting in anime yet. I am a little confsed over the setting, like whether it is ye olde Europe or something akin to a modern Japan, just hearing the school bell felt a little odd. Took me a while to figure out in the ED that the main girl had short hair in it, not that I will complain.

And having a horse spoiler[rip off girl clothes], what is not to love.
Bango

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I think it's modern day (the announcer at the start had a wireless microphone headset) and just set in Euroland (possibly Germany. I think the sign I saw was German) and the samurai-themed girl is from out of town.

It'd be cool if it did the Strawberry Panic thing and it takes place way in the future but there's absolutely no signs of it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Strawberry Panic is set in the future?
Bango

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I seem to remember a part in the game where a news article is quoted regarding Kaori's... history and the date on it is, like 2025 or something. I'll see if I can find the info to back this up if needed. I don't remember the date exactly but I remember thinking "WTF!?" when my friend told me about it.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quote
So far this is good. I think the main appeal is seeing how this clumsy, air head of a heroine will go about attracting her dense love interest and manage to defeat anyone at jousting. Well, that and the really nice looking women, I'm sad to say.

I have to say Mio does look cuter with shorter hair....

I enjoyed Princess Lover so this being from the same game maker is a plus.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8