• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Chaos Theories

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
Now I know why they had those giant Pac mascots at NYCC this year.

The Bakumatsu Rock game looks very interesting. Though I'm not finding much info on it yet.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote
I didn't mind Chaos Code not having Online gameplay. I actually enjoyed it. But I will admit that the game was lacking something, but Online was not it.

Also it's nice to see Hakuoki on PS3 localized.
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Chaos Code is amazing and me and my friends have been streaming it for the last few weeks:

http://www.twitch.tv/freedemonia/b/471081866

(I think I join in around the 3rd or 4th hour... I start randomly popping off after the match in 13:55:20)

I was surprised that we got like 12 hours of footage of the thing.

Apparently, my character (evil android maid) is busted because of teleport. I used to think that I didn't do enough damage off of simple combos, but then I switched to the waffle iron (command throw) super.

That said, my only real complaint about the game is how long it takes to rematch: it takes longer to run it back than Tekken Tag 2.

All fighting games need to prioritize this.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles:

Quote:
Well, that's what they say. Five figurines. But look at that figure of Tenebrae, the little black cat-beast. Not only is it small, it seems attached to the same base as the Marta figure. Can such a thing be categorized the same as the rest of the figurines? The cat is more of an accessory. A satellite toy. A subordinate demi-figure. This inaccuracy cannot stand.

I know you're joking and all but damn, you're trying too hard to start a controversy. XD

Sonic Lost World: Europe got this last week and their response has been pretty mixed. We'll have to wait and see how Japan and the U.S. feel about it next week.

Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-Bit Land: This fits, in part considering those two play nothing but 8-bit arcade and video games whenever they can, eschewing modern consoles entirely. That takes dedication, and it also earns them a game in their own right. With WayForward at the helm, it'll be memorable at least.
Pleinair92

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
There are still reviewers who complain about Sonic's mediocre titles, when the most recent games have been released to good reviews. Besides, this requires you to ignore many of the handheld games, which have been consistently decent-to-good for quite a while.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
The last Sonic game that I had any interest in was Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood because it was developed by Bioware.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Pleinair92 wrote:
There are still reviewers who complain about Sonic's mediocre titles, when the most recent games have been released to good reviews. Besides, this requires you to ignore many of the handheld games, which have been consistently decent-to-good for quite a while.

I guess their motto must be:

"Sonic 2006, never forgive, never forget..."

Yeah, we get it. It was a horrible game plagued with issues, but it was 2006 for pete's sake. Time to move on. Sonic's gotten better in recent years with Colors and Generations. People just want to rag on things nonstop, even when it's old news.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote
If you want Armed Seven, you can get it super cheap from the current Groupees Doujin 2 bundle along with other similar games.

Just putting that out there.
IanC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:09 am Reply with quote
Pleinair92 wrote:

You would think they would give it a rest. Unleashed was a step in the right direction, Colours was great, and Generations was a much better anniversary game than 2006 was (urgh). And of course the handheld games are usually good.

Im enjoying Sonic: Lost World. No its not perfect, and its difficulty is over the place(the second set of levels is a rather large spike from the first), and you have to hold down a button to run, but at least that solves the too quick for platform bits that critics always moan about.

And The Deadly Six are deeper than they appear.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote
The Stanley Parable looks interesting! Haven't heard of it, might check it out! xD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1