• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Broadcast and DVD Release of Orguss, Nobody's Boy Remi and Cat's Eye coming from ImaginAsian

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SalarymanJoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little confused, will they be releasing a complete Superdimension Century Orguss with only the original 17 episodes dubbed? If we can get a complete Orguss release, that would be fantastic!

Cat's Eye bing picked up is a cool thing, too as this is supposed to be one of those series that's huge in many parts of the world except the US. EDIT: Wait, I'm thinking of Candy Candy... though a Cat's Eye is fine too.

The pricing scheme doesn't sound like a bad deal, either.
Guilhem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The DVDs will only be available directly from ImaginAsian, they will not be available from other retail outlets.

So they'll not be available from Amazon or any other sellers which allow a worldwide distribution... Greeeat... :/

And after that, they wonder why people download instead of buying...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quote
SalarymanJoe wrote:
I'm a little confused, will they be releasing a complete Superdimension Century Orguss with only the original 17 episodes dubbed? If we can get a complete Orguss release, that would be fantastic!

Yes, all 35 episodes will be released. But a dub was only produced for 1-17. We weren't intending on producing a dub, but since it's there, there's no point in not including it. Smile

-Justin (in his iaTV hat)
undeadben

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Nobody's boy Remi, is that Ie Naki Ko Remi? Because I'd love to get that on DVD. I've never seen it before but I have heard great things and I had been looking at ways of purchasing this before so if it is the same one, I'm definitely getting it.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:39 pm Reply with quote
undeadben wrote:
Nobody's boy Remi, is that Ie Naki Ko Remi? Because I'd love to get that on DVD.

Yes, it is. However, there are two different versions: original in 1977 and remake in 1996. I wonder which is the one mentioned in the news.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
undeadben

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Yes, it is. However, there are two different versions: 1977 and 1996 remake. I wonder which one is the one mentioned in the news.

Thanks, dormcat, I couldn't find the title "Nobody's boy Remi" in the encyclopedia. Well they say it is the classics so I hope it is the 1977 version which is the one I want. And isn't the 1996 version also called "Remi, Nobody's Girl," it is listed in the encyclopedia, so that might actually truly be an "alternate" title. And in which case the one I want is the one being released here.

Last edited by undeadben on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:50 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Yes, it is. However, there are two different versions: original in 1977 and remake in 1996. I wonder which is the one mentioned in the news.

It's the 1977 anime. The 1996 anime is Nobody's Girl Remi.

-t
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:51 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
undeadben wrote:
Nobody's boy Remi, is that Ie Naki Ko Remi? Because I'd love to get that on DVD.

It's the 1977 version.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:53 pm Reply with quote
undeadben wrote:
And isn't the 1996 version also called "Remi, Nobody's Girl," it is listed in the encyclopedia, so that might actually truly be an "alternate" title. And in which case the one I want is the one being released here.

My bad. Since the news has stated it would be "TMS Presents: Anime Classics" it is 95% certain that it would be the 1977 original. However, "ko" does not have to be gender-specific; it can be merely "child/children," but slightly towards the female side (I'd say 55:45).

EDIT: beaten by Chris and Justin.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SalarymanJoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:36 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
SalarymanJoe wrote:

Yes, all 35 episodes will be released. But a dub was only produced for 1-17. We weren't intending on producing a dub, but since it's there, there's no point in not including it. Smile

-Justin (in his iaTV hat)

Thanks for the clarification; I was hoping for a complete release but also didn't want "hope" to cloud "reading comprehension".

Also thanks to everyone else for clarifying the rest of the licenses announced! one more question, when they say Cat's Eye Season 1, do they mean 1-36? And it is only Cat's Eye that hasn't been purchased in full (at this time)?

Guilhem wrote:

So they'll not be available from Amazon or any other sellers which allow a worldwide distribution... Greeeat... :/

And after that, they wonder why people download instead of buying...

I don't see what the big deal is. ImaginAsian has an online store, right? Purchasing direct from the "manufacturer" isn't a bad thing.
undeadben

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Well thanks, all! I'll definitely be getting this (Remi) then. And thanks to iaTV for making it available. Very Happy

And sorry for being an idiot, never having any real knowledge of the 1996 series I wasn't really sure if that title was right or not. I'd only really heard and read about the first series.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Wow, good going IATV!! This is a really nice move. Cheap sub-only dvds (follow their lead Bandai!!). A dub would be nice, but for so low who cares. Hopefully this'll be a success and we'll see alot more on Imaginasian.
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Man, that'd be sweet if we could get Borgman TV, Dirty Pair TV, Mazinger Z...god I can think of a million other classic titles I'd love to see make it out. Hell, Space Cobra or Godmars would be sick....I'll be buying these DVD's once they're available. No doubt about that. So, only available from the website right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:09 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis: Surprised you'd want to get Orguss, since it's a Macross knock-off without the Kawamori mecha. Will you be releasing the sequel, too? Also, why Cat's Eye and not City Hunter? Does ADV still have the rights to the latter series? Oh, and did TMS mess with the music/credits again? Also, if you're really buddy buddy with TMS, can you get Cobra over here? Maybe you could swipe the rest of Lupin from Geneon, too, since they don't want it anymore...? Although it's fairly obvious that the fans would rather you get Rose of Versailles and/or Aim for the Ace, but I hope you consider my suggestions. Cool
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Orguss finally get a complete release. The release fansubs aren't all that great, but better than nothing.

Always great to see more oldschool stuff released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3