• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 4 Gets 'Dancing All Night' Rhythm Game For Vita

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:41 am Reply with quote
I really hope this gets localized. Rise is the best Persona girl, I could play this all night!
victor viper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:34 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I really hope this gets localized. Rise is the best Persona girl, I could play this all night!

Surely it will, since Golden, Arena, and everything else P4-related has gotten localized. I just wonder how extensive the songlist will be, since there are so many good tracks from each game. Some of the series' best tracks can easily translate into a rhythm game (Burn My Dread, Reach out to the Truth), but I wonder how some of the others (like the Velvet Room theme) will translate.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:37 am Reply with quote
victor viper wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Surely it will, since Golden, Arena, and everything else P4-related has gotten localized. I just wonder how extensive the songlist will be, since there are so many good tracks from each game. Some of the series' best tracks can easily translate into a rhythm game (Burn My Dread, Reach out to the Truth), but I wonder how some of the others (like the Velvet Room theme) will translate.

They previewed that song in the trailer in the live stream. It sounds just fine.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:40 am Reply with quote
I love that English commentator.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:39 am Reply with quote
Has Kanami ever been given a face before now? I can't recall. That's interesting she's included in the game given how minor a role she performed in P4.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:46 am Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
Has Kanami ever been given a face before now? I can't recall. That's interesting she's included in the game given how minor a role she performed in P4.

She hasn't. She was only mentioned, and her last name was never mentioned.

I honestly want Yukiko in there. Also, why not Persona 3 characters too? I would love to dance as Akihiko and Mitsuru, Yukari and Minato (Makoto). Maybe change around their costumes like in the Project Diva games.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Well whatever Atlus. At least you aren't wasting your time developing this. I guess you gotta make money.

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Lame way to milk the franchise even further. Just let the P3 and P4 franchise go and move on (yes I know they have P5 coming out).
Sango chan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:24 pm Reply with quote
lol really? They even did a dancing game? now you know they're milking the crap out of it.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:29 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
razisgosu wrote:

She hasn't. She was only mentioned, and her last name was never mentioned.

Actually, her last name was mentioned, at least in Golden, though she never appears in person.

I wasn't expecting something like this, but we've been getting some Hatsune Miku games over here lately, so I hope this gets localized.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Well whatever Atlus. At least you aren't wasting your time developing this. I guess you gotta make money.

I'm glad they aren't "Wasting their time developing it". They hired a company that specializes in music games, so it shows that they care about its quality instead of half assing it.

It should be great if Project Diva games are any indication. Persona music + giving Rise a starring role for once really is a great combo.
Leebo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Why do people care if they make side games as long as they're also making the main games? Good lord, the existence of things you don't like doesn't affect you.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Leebo wrote:
Why do people care if they make side games as long as they're also making the main games? Good lord, the existence of things you don't like doesn't affect you.
Because they could be funding side games we'd want instead of this.

How about just make that 3DS game for vita instead/as well. How about a Persona 3 Golden? I don't know something more worthwhile than a dance game.

I mean if you're interested in this, by all means be excited. No one is trying to stop you from being excited.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
They already did a handheld Persona 3 game. A music game is more worthwhile than a rehash.

I don't think you realize how popular music games are in Japan, especially for Vita.
Leebo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Leebo wrote:
Because they could be funding side games we'd want instead of this.

How about just make that 3DS game for vita instead/as well. How about a Persona 3 Golden? I don't know something more worthwhile than a dance game.

I mean if you're interested in this, by all means be excited. No one is trying to stop you from being excited.

If you define "we" as "people who don't want it" then yes, they're just making games that "we" don't want. What are they thinking at Atlus, they don't understand "us"!

PS they announced two other games besides P5 as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3