• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga Adds Kotoura-san, Aria the Scarlet Ammo on eManga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I hope Kotoura-san gets a print release, that's one I've been looking forward to reading.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Digital = No Sale
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Cool! I wanted to read kotoura-san! Glad I get the chance too now.
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm also looking forward to Kotoura-san very much

Dark Absol wrote:
Digital = No Sale

DMP/eManga uses formats you can download and keep, so it's a fine alternative.

Quote:
The manga's print run increased 3.5 times after the anime aired

That's great to hear, because the BDs sold a very poor 1,127 avg copies per vol.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I wonder whatever happened to the Aria the Scarlet Ammo light novel. They released the first volume digitally. Maybe they need more sales. ANN should mention that eManga has had the title for months.
RenimLS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
I just hope they do a better job with the Aria manga than the light novel. Bought their release of the light novel like two months after they released it, and there was a ton of errors in it. If I remember right they had errors with Aria's name like 16 or more times in the work, typically having her name written out as "Arai." I sent them a rather long email that listed out all the things I spotted with corrections or suggestions that might improve the writing. They apparently made some changes after I had sent them the email, but would have been nice if they had replied to me about it. After two weeks I thought they had decided to just ignore me, but they had apparently acknowledged my suggestions and had done some of them, as the version up on their site contained changes.

Still wished they had taken my suggestion of switching the currency back to yen , instead of using quarters and dollars (assuming they hadn't changed it from when I last looked at it). Just boggled my mind using US currency when the whole thing states its taking place in Tokyo very early on in the story.
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
I will definitely check out Kotoura-san! I'm glad it will be available legally! (I'm not sure there were any scanilations of it either... There weren't before the anime, at least.)
jet_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
It's Yoko Tanigaki, not Yoko Taniguchi.
katscradle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
RenimLS wrote:
I just hope they do a better job with the Aria manga than the light novel. Bought their release of the light novel like two months after they released it, and there was a ton of errors in it. If I remember right they had errors with Aria's name like 16 or more times in the work, typically having her name written out as "Arai." I sent them a rather long email that listed out all the things I spotted with corrections or suggestions that might improve the writing. They apparently made some changes after I had sent them the email, but would have been nice if they had replied to me about it. After two weeks I thought they had decided to just ignore me, but they had apparently acknowledged my suggestions and had done some of them, as the version up on their site contained changes.

Yeah from the sound of it they're still very hit or miss with the quality of each release and communications. I've felt very lucky that I've received responses when I've pointed out issues. The last time I bought one of their titles that was in no way, shape, or form acceptable for release I was apparently persistent enough to get the Vice President of Production's attention on it. After that I finally was able to download an acceptable copy. But, like you wrote sometimes you'll have no idea unless you check the title again. While they fixed a number of titles when I brought up serious issues, I STILL (two years on) don't know if they've addressed the problems I contacted them about with some other titles I purchased. I bought those outside of eManga and was fortunate to be able to get a refund from the third party retailer instead of having to take it up from the start with DMG and eManga. So I'd have to repurchase those eBooks and I don't want to just end up complaining if things slipped through the cracks again.

So here's hoping for good things with the new releases! Otherwise I just start feeling dread every time I hear something is in the pipeline.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Kotoura-San! Hope it sells enough digitally to get a physical release, because I'm still not used to digital comics enough to read 'em regularly. But it's a fun story, and I loved how the Kotoura & Manabe relationship developed in the anime.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:

DMP/eManga uses formats you can download and keep, so it's a fine alternative.

And I love them for it. I'm continually amazed that they manage to be the only company offering DRM-free manga ebooks (well, except for GEN manga).

Asrialys wrote:
I wonder whatever happened to the Aria the Scarlet Ammo light novel. They released the first volume digitally. Maybe they need more sales. ANN should mention that eManga has had the title for months.

Hopefully that's just because it takes that long to translate/prepare a volume.
Melicans

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I'll pick up both of the Aria volumes and the Kotoura release when they come out. Has any release date been mentioned yet? Neither series is on emanga's upcoming release calendar.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1