• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunday Without God, Maid Sama!, Outbreak Company Will Get English Dubs

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Well now this is interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
normajean19

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Tamako Market and Sentai Filmworks' DVD-only release of Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya will also have English dubs.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya is coming out on Blu-ray and DVD

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=sfbfkl100
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=sffkl100
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
This announcement made my day. I've always wanted a dub for Maid-sama! ever since I watched it 4 years ago. Can't wait for it!

Also nice that Outbreak Company gets a dub, been meaning to watch it and this is a good opportunity.
I don't care about Sunday Without God though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I am always glad to see more BD releases, but I would like to see a more systematic approach from Sentai. I am assuming they will continue to update to BD more of their DVD-only releases from past years.

And I wonder if for some of their releases of new shows they will initially do DVD-only releases and 5-6 months later update to BD. I am down with this strategy as long as Sentai can assure us that BD's are in the way.

How I wish holidays were around the corner because I have waited long enough for the Chuunibyou S1 BD's.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sunday Without God

Isn't this the one where the creator gave up on, putting in some half-assed ending and basically going "I have no idea where I should take this to, so I'll quit" to the audience?

Also, who's been fiddling with the CSS? Your main content typeface looks terrible. DejaVu Sans. Really, now? Really? Did legibility take a back seat?
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Tenebrae wrote:
Quote:
Sunday Without God

Isn't this the one where the creator gave up on, putting in some half-***** ending and basically going "I have no idea where I should take this to, so I'll quit" to the audience?

Nope. It had a coherent ending even if it was a bit of a shift thematically speaking. Plus the novels are still being written, so the creator didn't give up on it. What happened in the anime happens on the novels as well (albeit with a bit more of an explanation although its not hard to figure out)

I'm incredibly excited for both Sunday Without God and Outbreak Company. They were two of my three favorite shows from last year. I was hoping SWG would get a dub so I could share it with my non-sub watching friends and family, never expected Outbreak Company to get a dub due to the cultural references.

I'm definitely picking up SWG and I'll probably get Outbreak Company as well.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Finally, after all this time, Maid-Sama will finally be available in English (again). I'm just hoping that whoever will be directing the English version of that show isn't named "You-Know-Who."
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Funny thing is, I actually bumped up the Outbreak Company thread just to show the reveal of its dub before ANN actually reported on it. Guess that should give you an idea on how much I like it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Nice!!!

I absolutely loved Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi so this is really good to hear Very Happy

PD: so many good news today!
qwizart

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Tenebrae wrote:
Quote:
Sunday Without God

Isn't this the one where the creator gave up on, putting in some half-assed ending and basically going "I have no idea where I should take this to, so I'll quit" to the audience?

Not sure about the quitting part be he indeed didn't knew what to do with it, the last volume of the light novel was released this week in Japan and it had one fucked up ending. spoiler[Ai became a messiah but was shot and died, Alis commit suicide to be with her forever.]

Glad to hear the Tari Tari is getting a blu-ray and crossing fingers it will be region B too.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am always glad to see more BD releases, but I would like to see a more systematic approach from Sentai. I am assuming they will continue to update to BD more of their DVD-only releases from past years.

And I wonder if for some of their releases of new shows they will initially do DVD-only releases and 5-6 months later update to BD. I am down with this strategy as long as Sentai can assure us that BD's are in the way.

How I wish holidays were around the corner because I have waited long enough for the Chuunibyou S1 BD's.

If only Humanity Has Declined came with a dub. ): I'm going to wait for Tamako Market to get a BD edition, because it KyoAni obviously.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
qwizart wrote:
Tenebrae wrote:
Quote:
Sunday Without God

Not sure about the quitting part be he indeed didn't knew what to do with it, the last volume of the light novel was released this week in Japan and it had one messed up ending. spoiler[Ai became a messiah but was shot and died, Alis commit suicide to be with her forever.]

Where did you hear about the ending? Not saying you're wrong, because I have no idea, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, and now I'm really curious... Especially since the novels aren't translated where I can read them...
Blazaking

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Now can Maid-sama get a second season? Anime cry
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:05 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:
Funny thing is, I actually bumped up the Outbreak Company thread just to show the reveal of its dub before ANN actually reported on it. Guess that should give you an idea on how much I like it.

It's worth liking. Very Happy
Think we're going to get a second season, about the country's new manga industry?
IanRootBeerDubber

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
This announcement made my day. I've always wanted a dub for Maid-sama! ever since I watched it 4 years ago. Can't wait for it!

Also nice that Outbreak Company gets a dub, been meaning to watch it and this is a good opportunity.
I don't care about Sunday Without God though.

Have you seen the Animax dub?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4