• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CLAMP to Launch New Tsubasa Manga Series in August

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:51 am Reply with quote
Finally were getting more of CLAMPS writing and artwork. They have consistently been masters of the genre since the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle series so seeing them return to these roots once again is exciting. I hope it will be quite long.
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:10 am Reply with quote
All of my yes
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:12 am Reply with quote
Not to forget that Kodansha is publishing omnibus releases of xxxHolic and Tsubasa...

Also, YAY!
yuetheguardian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:17 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Finally were getting more of CLAMPS writing and artwork. They have consistently been masters of the genre since the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle series so seeing them return to these roots once again is exciting. I hope it will be quite long.
Since tsubasa that's cute and adorable. Honestly i personally wish they would go back to other stories they left unfinished, wheres our ending to X? When are they going to get back to Chun Hyang!? I'm sorry i love CLAMP but why do they keep wanting top revisit Tsubasa and xxxHolic? they both actually ended One Arguable better then the other ( Tsubasa became so convoluted after a point to where i'm not sure even CLAMP knew where they were going with it.) I say this as a CLAMP fan IMO tsubasa is not worth returning to i like keeping the the tsubasa principle in other stories like Kobato.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:25 am Reply with quote
People need to get over X, it's been more than 10 years and it is never going to happen. I'm kind of excited by these news, since I count myself among the small handful of people who actually liked TRC (including the insane last arc). Definitely looking forward to it, I'm just worried about whether they'll be able to keep a steady publishing rate. There's Drug and Drop, Holic Rei and I don't even know if they're still doing Gate 7 or what happened with it. They've been taking lots of breaks in the past few years, so I wonder if they'll be able to keep yet another serialization. Guess that means it's time to pick up Rei
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:35 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
People need to get over X, it's been more than 10 years and it is never going to happen.

I agree with this even though I love X, if CLAMP wanted to continue they already would have

Kinda excited for the new TRC, after that ending I want to know what happens..
yuetheguardian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:46 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
People need to get over X, it's been more than 10 years and it is never going to happen. I'm kind of excited by these news, since I count myself among the small handful of people who actually liked TRC (including the insane last arc). Definitely looking forward to it, I'm just worried about whether they'll be able to keep a steady publishing rate. There's Drug and Drop, Holic Rei and I don't even know if they're still doing Gate 7 or what happened with it. They've been taking lots of breaks in the past few years, so I wonder if they'll be able to keep yet another serialization. Guess that means it's time to pick up Rei
oh I understand is been over 10 years for x but i still refuse to extinguish the candle legal drug had that kind of distance and they still came back to it........ Also i really like Tsubasa it was a decent read, i just think like a lot of very good writers they wrote themselves into a corner. I also wish the whole show would have been animated by production IG

(fixed some spelling errors that did not show because they were still words)

Last edited by yuetheguardian on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Bolaum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:48 am Reply with quote
Nice news. I really enjoyed the anime (except the 2nd half of the 2nd season) and I enjoyed the manga but I had to stop because I had no time to read and now I do.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:32 am Reply with quote
Welp, time to get a move on with my very slow reading of both Holic and Tsubasa.

(Hard to burn through a series quickly when you've already seen the anime, and the scans you're reading are complete shit.)
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:41 am Reply with quote
yuetheguardian wrote:
oh I understand is been over 10 years for x but i still refuse to extinguish the candle legal drug had that kind of distance and they still came back to it........ Also i really like Tsubasa it was a decent read, i just think like a lot of very good writers they wrote themselves into a corner. I also wish the whole show would have been animated by production IG

(fixed some spelling errors that did not show because they were still words)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the circumstances for D&D were completely different from X. The reason D&D stopped originally was something related to a problem from the title (Lawful/Legal Drug) which led to bad press, especially considering how strict Japan is in regards to drug use and thus why the name changed for the new publication to Drug & Drop.

X's case was completely different. Afaik, the magazine where X was being published considered the final chapters to be too violent and wanted to censor them, so CLAMP decided they would not continue with the publication.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:50 am Reply with quote
Instead of focusing on what we are not getting, I'm going to devote my energy to what is happening:

YAY, TSUBASA Very Happy
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:07 am Reply with quote
Happiness for Subaru wrote:
Not to forget that Kodansha is publishing omnibus releases of xxxHolic and Tsubasa...

Also, YAY!

that was not surprise there would be a tsubasa sequel considering on how the series ended.

though i am more surprised its not the same for xxxholic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:25 am Reply with quote
A new Tsubasa series? Wow, cool!

Now I just wish they'd make more anime to adapt the rest of the manga.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:34 am Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
Welp, time to get a move on with my very slow reading of both Holic and Tsubasa.

(Hard to burn through a series quickly when you've already seen the anime, and the scans you're reading are complete shit.)

I just hope its not that much connected with xxxholic, could never get into it, and just stopped with tsubasa.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:34 am Reply with quote
Very awesome! After reading the last couple of chapters of xxxHolic Rei, I got a very huge "Tsubasa" vibe from it so it's super cool that CLAMP is going to continue with it. Smile

But yes, I'm also afraid that they're putting out more than they can chew again. I don't think there's been an update to Gate 7 for quite awhile, plus they're working on xxxHolic Rei and Drug & Drop. With this, that would be four active stories they're working on, and that's a whole lot for them to do at one time, I think. Anime dazed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4