• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Licenses Flame of Recca TV Anime Series

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Well thats a good announcement for today. I didn't even know that it was even animated, though I cant imagine it adapted all of the manga in 42 episodes?
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I'd be interested in watching this, I've heard great things!
Good going, Discotek!

Since they're getting old Viz anime....can I hope for MAR, Hikaru no Go, and Mega Man NT Warior/Star Force next?
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
If anything, they should get Monster and release it the way it was meant to be released: completely.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Since they're getting old Viz anime....can I hope for MAR, Hikaru no Go, and Mega Man NT Warior/Star Force next?

This, along with Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge.

I've been waiting for a rescue of that OVA for a long time and would love to see what kind of video game parody art they come up with for a cover since their Mega Man & Fatal Fury covers look awesome.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:26 pm Reply with quote
mal: Recca would have to do exceptionally well for Mar to happen. Hikaru No Go probably won't happen, because Bakuman tanked. I could see them getting Mega Man anime, though.

Takkun: Monster could be tied up with GDT's live-action show.
Brand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quote
They are really on a roll lately. I will <3 them forever.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I've been meaning to revisit this show. All I can really recall is the boss OP, "Nanka Shiawase" by the Oystars.

Too bad about that English dub, though. Ugh, Blue Water.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
lijachan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Well thats a good announcement for today. I didn't even know that it was even animated, though I can't imagine it adapted all of the manga in 42 episodes?
They didn't adapt the whole manga, honestly. I love this series but it does make me a bit sad that they never did adapt the whole series into an anime :c
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Of the only American anime licensor(s) don't dub and only license. this might be the only company (save for the occasion Rightstuf license).

In proving that they were able to get shows like Monster Farm/Rancher a long-awaited uncut disc release, there's still a chance that the 1st 4 Digimon seasons might make it into their catalog.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
In proving that they were able to get shows like Monster Farm/Rancher a long-awaited uncut disc release, there's still a chance that the 1st 4 Digimon seasons might make it into their catalog.

New Video/Cinedigm has the license to those along with season 5. They released all of it on DVD dub-only and released subbed streams of seasons 1-3 on Netflix.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I only read the manga (both Japanese and English version), I am kinda curious though: did the anime version censor any rude/not-so-mild language that was abundant in manga? (I am OK either way Anime hyper)
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm kind of wondering what's going on at Viz. Eh, these were old licenses anyway.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

New Video/Cinedigm has the license to those along with season 5. They released all of it on DVD dub-only and released subbed streams of seasons 1-3 on Netflix.

Still, that doesn't necessarily rule out that they could work work with Discotek to release an uncensored version.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
If anything, they should get Monster and release it the way it was meant to be released: completely.

If you are willing to pay the cost of $214.58, Aussie's Siren Visual does the complete series on bilingual DVD (as is with any series, even if it's not on BD, be happy that you can legally buy it at all) on 5 15-episode boxsets.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Kinda surprised that Discotek kinda rescued this, I thought Viz could've re-license this series. But oh well, more victory to Discotek.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2