• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Unlimited Fafnir School Battle Light Novels Get Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
So so many anime adaptations lately. Not sure how I feel about this one though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
It better be better then Dragonar, cause that was... B.L.A.N.D.!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote
The series just started last summer which means this is a quick turn around time between a LN getting an anime nod. The reason why I'd bother to watch it is the same reason I watch most harem anime: fan service and the aspect that the lead girl does get chosen.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:53 am Reply with quote
Is there an official checklist for Light Novels or is this work just so derivative of successful series that it's literally Infinite Stratos plus Dragonar Academy divided by any harem scenario with a little sister?

I'd probably at least try it as it'd have to be very bad to be worse than either of those, I'm just saying...
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
A boy named Yuu Mononobe is the world's only male "D," although his existence is kept secret.

LOL NOPE

Quote:
He is forced to enroll into Midgar, a school for "D" girls, where he see a female student Iris naked.

*face palm*

Quote:
Moreover, he is reunited with his long-separated little sister Mitsuki.

I give up. I'm losing faith fast
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Is there an official checklist for Light Novels or is this work just so derivative of successful series that it's literally Infinite Stratos plus Dragonar Academy divided by any harem scenario with a little sister?

I'd probably at least try it as it'd have to be very bad to be worse than either of those, I'm just saying...

In other words it most likely will be astronomically bad, I didn't like IS or Dragonar.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
Oh joy, another anime adaption from a LN series is going to be produced. Gee I just love this cheap marketing ploy to sell more source material that will never get legally translated. Oh let's not forget if this adaption has lousy dvd/bluray sells then it will never get a second season, leaving the anime adaption in cliff-hangar hell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
A boy named Yuu Mononobe is the world's only male "D," although his existence is kept secret.

LOL NOPE

Quote:
He is forced to enroll into Midgar, a school for "D" girls, where he see a female student Iris naked.

*face palm*

Quote:

Yeah, it as an interesting translation quip when everyone is talking about the "D".
ss4chris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
sounds li ke Infinite stratos.. not gonna lie.

Oh well i look forward to watching.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

Depends on your definition of "official" in this case. There's The Light Novel Database and there's also Wikipedia's "Category:Anime and manga based on light novels" page.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I usually check out a harem anime due to what Kadmos1 said:
Kadmos1 wrote:
the aspect that the lead girl does get chosen.

Must admit, Dragonar Academy would have to be the most unsatisfying harem that ended with a girl being chosen that I have seen...and not because I didn't like who the MC ended up with, but how lazily the development came about.

Still, as Fafnir seems to be pretty new, I doubt that the anime will end with the MC choosing one of the girls...but I'll watch it in the hopes that it does. Laughing

And, while I can understand those that are...trepidatious due to the comparisons that can be made with other series, I don't mind too much. It's very hard to come across something that seems wholly original, so this is one (of many) that just comes down to execution.

It must be doing something right to already be getting an anime push, but I know that doesn't mean it will necessarily be good. There are always things that are popular, but leave me scratching my head as to what has attracted people to the property (ie something that is not for me).
Niyari

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
i think this will be the first anime with Riko's character designs. hopefully they don't ruin them
unitmikey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:

LOL NOPE

Quote:

*face palm*

Quote:

Yeah, it as an interesting translation quip when everyone is talking about the "D".

This show is for people who like the "D" in their anime.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
I think I'd rather avoid this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Ehhh. Ill give it the usual few episodes but I cant say I have high hopes for this one. Found the series on baka-tsuki and apparently there is more to the synopsis after the part about reuniting with his sister for anyone interested.
Quote:
"When there's really no other choice, Iris, I will — kill you." "Can I really... believe you?" The curtains open as the "one and only story" about the boy who was supposed to become the strongest assassin and the incompetent girl unfolds—! Unlimited School Battle Action!

Sounds a bit more interesting with the rest of the synopsis but im still eh on it. The description kind of reminds me of Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance actually which is my favorite light novel series so hopefully that's a good sign.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2