• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Comics Adds A Silent Voice, Maria the Virgin Witch Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I've been reading A Silent Voice and might get a copy of the manga soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I can actually buy the manga! Thanks, Kodansha! I'll definitely grab it when it comes out!
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote
koe no katachi in print? nice will get it.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I know what manga I'll be buying in Spring 2015: A Silent Voice! Way to go Kodansha!
Mr_42

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Really looking forward to getting hold of A Silent Voice, great manga that hasn't got enough attention yet!

Maria the Virgin Witch I don't know, I'll have to have a look before I make any judgement on whether or not to buy the volumes.
TG72

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
What timing! I started reading A Silent Voice on Crunchyroll this week and am completely hooked. Best news of the con so far..
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I was going to start reading A Silent Voice on CR tomorrow but I'm going to wait for the hard copies to be released as I don't like reading digital copies unless it's through an app or on kindle.

Anyways this is extremely pleasing news Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Great news! Can't wait to start collecting!
KidaYuki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I am so looking forward to A Silent Voice in hard copies. Smile one of the best manga I'm reading right now~~~~

But Spring of 2015?! EK! So far...
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Junketsu no Maria is only three volumes. I think Kodansha would be smart to release it as a single omnibus volume.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Interesting titles, but I do have to admit 'Maria the Virgin Witch' is an interesting title. But a Silent Voice looks worth taking a look.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
If Maria the Virgin Witch does well, can we get Moyasimon? Pretty please? (Yeah, I know it doesn't work that way, but a fan can dream!)

I've heard good things about A Silent Voice. I wonder if all the positive reviews influenced their decision to publish it.
lys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:04 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:
Junketsu no Maria is only three volumes. I think Kodansha would be smart to release it as a single omnibus volume.

On the contrary, at three volumes it minimizes the risk that a longer series carries of sales dropping between successive volumes. Unless they really expect it not to sell, I think they'll do better being able to charge "full" price for each volume rather than applying the discount people expect for omnibus editions.

I also want to know if they will consider the sales of this series toward any future chances of reviving Moyasimon! I don't know if the premise/execution of Maria will be to my taste, but if it meant the possibility of more cute microbe manga in the future...

I'm also very excited for A Silent Voice :D I was really impressed with the couple volumes I read on CR and will be most pleased to collect it in print!
pluvia33

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:57 pm Reply with quote
lys wrote:
I also want to know if they will consider the sales of this series toward any future chances of reviving Moyasimon! I don't know if the premise/execution of Maria will be to my taste, but if it meant the possibility of more cute microbe manga in the future...

That would be nice. I've read about the first volume worth of chapters of Junketsu no Maria and have enjoyed it a lot so far. I actually had a knee-jerk reaction with this news, that I hope they don't drop Maria like they did with Moyashimon. But I don't see why a three volume series should be a problem.

I'm also kind of glad that it's a short series. I really like the concept, but it could probably get old fast if it went of for ten or twenty volumes.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:00 am Reply with quote
I've read good things about A Silent Voice. I may end up picking that series up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2