• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Stay night TV Anime's 7th TV Ad Highlights Kirei Kotomine

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:26 am Reply with quote
And finally, this was the CM I've been waiting for. I can't wait now, just a few more days until this premieres (unless for those who go to the LA premiere)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
konqueror

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
They did say there would be new original scenes, and the golden Servant in this CM just confirms that.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote
Looks like Kirei might be doing some walking in circles there.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:19 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:

Hahahaha entirely possible. I always found that aspect of that show funny and how they tried to get around the long winding conversations by having at least something going on on screen to keep the viewers eyes occupied. Maybe I'll finally get to see why everyone is so into this character too because when I watched Fate/Zero he never really left much of an impression nor did he with the original Fate/Stay Night adaptation where apparently his character was changed up quite a bit from it's original depiction in the visual novel.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Kirei being a long-winded bore is sort of his thing, and I don't know that it's been different in any of the adaptations. There are points in the VN where main character-kun really does think "Geez, I can't take this guy's expositional blabbering anymore."
shukujo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
is it just me or are there two articles on ANN proclaiming the contents of the 7th tv ad for Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works? This one says it highlights Kirei Kotomine, the other, earlier one says the 7th ad features Taiga, or was that something else?
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Kotomine Kirei. *Kotomine Kirei voice*
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:36 pm Reply with quote
shukujo wrote:
is it just me or are there two articles on ANN proclaiming the contents of the 7th tv ad for Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works? This one says it highlights Kirei Kotomine, the other, earlier one says the 7th ad features Taiga, or was that something else?

Yeah, at least from the page of the main site as you scroll down; ANN might want to adjust that. If you actually go to the specific article's news page re: Taiga's PV, the title better reflects the actual nature of the ad, in that it was a bonus character commercial. Thus this KOTOMINE KIREI ad was the seventh 'official' ad that aired on television; the Taiga CM was an online-only deal. Apparently, ufotable's twitter account (or was it the anime's own twitter? indicated that if they got a certain amount of followers or something, they'd release a character pv 'exclusive' to their followers-- for which you'd type in your following twitter ID here > http://www.fate-sn.com/special/ to gain access to, all via a non-Youtube flash player.

Naturally someone made a youtube version of it anyway that ANN news staff then made use of. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
jl07045 wrote:

Hahahaha entirely possible. I always found that aspect of that show funny and how they tried to get around the long winding conversations by having at least something going on on screen to keep the viewers eyes occupied. Maybe I'll finally get to see why everyone is so into this character too because when I watched Fate/Zero he never really left much of an impression nor did he with the original Fate/Stay Night adaptation where apparently his character was changed up quite a bit from it's original depiction in the visual novel.

They actually could have had them talking without walking in circles if they animated miniscule details of their facial expression or body language. I think that would have costed as much time and money to make as what they did with the circle scene, and it could have been better received too.
LuScr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:41 am Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
jl07045 wrote:

You'll probably be disappointed, then. Without getting into specifics, UBW is the route where Kirei does the least.

Heaven's Feel is where Kirei truly shines.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
And finally, this was the CM I've been waiting for. I can't wait now, just a few more days until this premieres (unless for those who go to the LA premiere)

though the real thing for the dub version is that who will they have voicing kotomine? the orginal DEEN version VA that did the UBW movie (aka Deitard from code geass) or crispin freeman from Fate Zero?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1