• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Santa Monica Theater to Show Patema Inverted, Akira, Ghibli Films

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:29 am Reply with quote
Why are all the showings for Patema Inverted in places that are exactly opposite where I live, state-wise? D: Though I'm glad for any Californians who were hoping to go.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:28 am Reply with quote
Someone needs to tell them that they don't have to show Ghibli films at every Anime film fest, There are a lots of Anime films a lot of people have never seen or heard of, give them a chance.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:12 am Reply with quote
To most film people, anime doesn't exist beyond Ghibli.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote
And it would great if they tried to change this, especially if Ghibli decide to stop making films, as I heard they may do. My Neighbor Totoro has been shown to death.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
Then anime dies with them. Maybe if they're a bit more learned they'll know of Satoshi Kon or maybe Oshii via GitS (and only GitS), but that's really about the extent of their knowledge.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
How have I never heard of this movie? It looks interesting, but I live in PA D:
endallchaos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I wish the dub they are making for 'Time Of Eve' was available for purchase in Amazon. Confused
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quote
^The dub for Eve is already made and the kickstarter bu rays have already been sent out. Its a pretty good dub, by the same people dubbing Patema I believe.
Anyway I've already seen Patema but it'd be kinda nice to see it on the big screen. I don't know if I'd make the hour drive just to watch it though.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:

Anyway I've already seen Patema but it'd be kinda nice to see it on the big screen. I don't know if I'd make the hour drive just to watch it though.

Why not; it's only an hour.
endallchaos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:58 am Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
^The dub for Eve is already made and the kickstarter bu rays have already been sent out. Its a pretty good dub, by the same people dubbing Patema I believe.

Yea, but I heard that only the people who funded the kickstarter would get a copy... I hope I'm wrong, though.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:26 am Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:

Yea, but I heard that only the people who funded the kickstarter would get a copy... I hope I'm wrong, though.
I think I remember an update saying they would do a general release after the kickstarter and rewards stuff was finished, but I am not 100% sure (I think it was one of the first updates made, but I may be wrong)
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:31 pm Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:
kevinx59 wrote:

They plan to do retail release down the road,but it's not going to be the nice set that the kickstarter backers got though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1