• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cowboy Bebop Director Discusses Proposed Live-Action Film, Hypothetical Anime Sequel

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:01 am Reply with quote
I'm all in for NO CB sequel. It already attained the pinnacle so it's really wise not to sully it's slumber.

For a Hollywood version, I guess it's all about America... I am not really looking forward however, if they decide to do one, I hope they will respect CB...
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
Glad to at least hear SOME news about it. Personally, I would rather the project stay dead, rather than being passed from hand to hand and slowly gutted. I would love to see Bebop in the mainstream, because it really is an awesome show, but this might turn tragic really quick.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:30 am Reply with quote
It seems pretty clear that Watanabe has no interest in doing more Cowboy Bebop, whether it be animated or in live-action. And more power to him. Bebop is already perfect in quality AND quantity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
tootbrush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:41 am Reply with quote
What are you saying, Watanabe? You already topped Bebop with Champloo.
albanian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:41 am Reply with quote
Did I read that right? Cowboy Bebop versus Bill & Ted 3. Let's face it - in the dumb, dark recesses of the Hollywood mentality, that is no contest!
kanechin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:52 am Reply with quote
The only new thing Bebop needs is a prequel, show us what the Bebop crew were up to before the original series. Make it 6 40 min OVAs or 10 episodes.
Spoofer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:53 am Reply with quote
albanian wrote:
Did I read that right? Cowboy Bebop versus Bill & Ted 3. Let's face it - in the dumb, dark recesses of the Hollywood mentality, that is no contest!

I'd much rather have a Bill & Ted 3. =p
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
I'm all in for NO CB sequel. It already attained the pinnacle so it's really wise not to sully it's slumber.

For a Hollywood version, I guess it's all about America... I am not really looking forward however, if they decide to do one, I hope they will respect CB...

I'm curious exactly what pinnacle did CB attain ?

As for a Hollywood version I'd wouldn't say no to the idea. After all the Cowboy Bebop anime film felt more like an american cop drama than any japanese anime.

Though 500.000.000 $ to make the film is shall we say utterly ridiculous ? Rolling Eyes Ah Hollywood you never deceive. Laughing
RoverTX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:47 am Reply with quote
While a direct sequel would be kind of silly, I always thought a show following around an all grown up Radical Edward could have some potential for hilarity.
Zero Requiem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote
I rather have a anime sequel/prequel than a live action film. Either way, it's nice to have some news on Cowboy Bebop.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
Even if Reeves were a decent actor, he's 50 years old. Spike looks like he's in his late 20s/early 30s. I can see maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the part.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:11 am Reply with quote
Animeking: Uh, how about Hugh Jackman?
AshesofAstroworld

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Even if Reeves were a decent actor, he's 50 years old. Spike looks like he's in his late 20s/early 30s. I can see maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the part.

JGL would definitely make a great Spike. Spike's cool and collected aura would come naturally for him. Reeves could still work as Vicious though.
vincent_vincent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Am against any Sequel/Prequel to add anything to the story.
Nothing wrong with some adventures set in the Middle of the series (before the fall), kinda like what the Animated Movie did.
So yeah a Movie set in the middle of the series from time to time would be great, am surprised they haven't done it already.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Spoofer wrote:
albanian wrote:

I'd much rather have a Bill & Ted 3. =p

The sad thing about Bill & Ted 3 is no studio wants to do it sadly .Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3