• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: i☆Ris Idols Sing PriPara Anime's 3rd Opening Theme

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:50 am Reply with quote
Kind of obvious, since they performed the first and second opening themes... But well, I despise this property. Can't believe Syn Sophia would throw away Pretty Rhythm for this.
garlogan78

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:58 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Kind of obvious, since they performed the first and second opening themes... But well, I despise this property. Can't believe Syn Sophia would throw away Pretty Rhythm for this.

Is that a joke? PriPara is part of the Pretty Rhythm franchise.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:04 am Reply with quote
garlogan78 wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:

Is that a joke? PriPara is part of the Pretty Rhythm franchise.

It's not, though. -_-; PriPara has elements handed down from Pretty Rhythm, but it's its own thing. The Pretty Rhythm arcade game ended this past summer to make room for PriPara machines, which take away all of the original elements of the game/concept: No stones, no ice skating, no Prism Jumps, and instead, we get print club photo strips.

Yes, PriPara has some nods to Pretty Rhythm once in a while, as it was an extremely popular series, but Pretty Rhythm has ended. I went to the final screening of the film, and the staff all talked about Pretty Rhythm ending and PriPara beginning.
garlogan78

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:06 am Reply with quote
I guess it did kind of throw away all of the unique aspects of the franchise. It is just another idol anime now. There really are not many differences from Aikatsu. And then the PriPara cards are really similar to the Happiness Charge precure cards which are just Aikatsu rip offs anyway...
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote
garlogan78 wrote:
I guess it did kind of throw away all of the unique aspects of the franchise. It is just another idol anime now. There really are not many differences from Aikatsu. And then the PriPara cards are really similar to the Happiness Charge precure cards which are just Aikatsu rip offs anyway...

Hmmm... There were card style idols games with Precure before Aikatsu. Aikatsu took from Pretty Rhythm right in the middle of its popularity, then it got more popular than Pretty Rhythm, the staff screwed up in Rainbow Live and aimed too much at an adult audience (the staff actually admitted that the content was too convoluted for children), and then Pretty Rhythm imploded. Syn Sophia then took Aikatsu's idea and carbon copied it.

...This is just what I observed. And what I have heard.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1