• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Watch the Parasyte Opening Hand-Drawn in the Style of the Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that looks a bit different. I think I got used to the anime designs now but this definitely resembles the manga more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Running Wild

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quote
The original manga designs were alot better.
bahamutzero89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
The Anime redesigns is the best that happened to this series.
bobob101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I love Iwaaki's manga. Eumenes is an amazing Historical fiction story that we don't see that often, and of course the Parasyte manga is great. Migi looks much better when animated, but overall I just rather see parasyte in motion than still shots. It is really well animated.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I like the character designs in the Parasyte anime series, but even if I preferred the original manga style, I rather have the quality of animation we have gotten so far (with the new character designs) than having manga style character designs with sailor moon crystal level of animation (as in, he who never learns from history is doomed to repeat it).
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Bravo man, and I gotta give the guy credit for changing around some stuff as well. Smile
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Somewhere on Earth, someone thought... "If Parasyte's anime adaptation looked more like the original manga, maybe people would be less turned off by it....... "

Eh, no. If they didn't update the character designs, they wouldn't have been able to update it to taking place during present time either, which I prefer as it makes it feel more urgent and relevant. No way I'd buy that eighties-tastic hair in a show that takes place in 2014. This isn't a complaint about the original designs, as they're perfectly fine, but they're not appropriate for a show that takes place in 2014.

The video is still a lot of fun though.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:58 pm Reply with quote
wow i dont believe it

the beginning of the OP was in english this whole time! I mean i thought burn my dread was hard to understand but this takes it to new levels

jokes aside huh, its been so long since i read the original source i didn't notice anyone was different at all, except for kana i really didn't like her manga design at all and i found myself liking the anime version of her, alot. that was my only hint that the changed things. Id say half of the characters look better in the anime so its all good
shiranehito

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:12 am Reply with quote
I like the original manga design, but it's not like the anime design makes me puke or anything. It's true that the original design looks old, after all that's just how fashion and hairstyle looked like, and the anime producers have a need to update the design into current trends. They even gave the father a tablet to read news. Newspaper is so 30 years ago Twisted Evil

Kudos for the video creator.

And Engrish song is awesome. From the very start I notice that the song is supposed to be in English but it's just pretty hard to make out the words.
kevkn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:17 am Reply with quote
Not sure but I still prefer the anime designs than the manga. Especially Kana Razz
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:17 am Reply with quote
くろはら wrote:
Somewhere on Earth, someone thought... "If Parasyte's anime adaptation looked more like the original manga, maybe people would be less turned off by it....... "

Ahh, no. I've read some of the early chapters of the manga. And while it has its own merits, it won't work in today's animation style. Thus a redesign was needed, which (at least to me) keeps the basic structure and "feel" of the characters of manga.

Also, Dubstep.
azazel13

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:08 am Reply with quote
I'm impressed. I still prefer the new character designs.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:47 am Reply with quote
I like the anime design WAY better. The manga designs looks so... generic.
Kreion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:48 am Reply with quote
I haven't read the manga - since I asked around when the anime was starting and most people seemed to think the anime was just as good thus far (no idea how accurate that is obviously) but I really dislike old looking character designs xD SO I'm glad they updated them for the anime.

Plus Shinichi looks so much more generic there...I mean I preferred him with his glasses in the anime too but hey.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:34 am Reply with quote
kevkn wrote:
Not sure but I still prefer the anime designs than the manga. Especially Kana Razz

ikr in the manga she just looks so so mature (too mature) for her role. even when i read the manga this stuck out like a sore thumb and while she was a great character i never could like her design spoiler[now im gonna cry even more when she dies Anime cry ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2