• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Nisekoi Season's New Voice Actress, April Premiere Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I hope the season will give Tsugumi some more screen time. Otherwise, kinda looking forward to this. I wonder how many chapters this will adapt. Plus, we also got that upcoming OVA too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Very excited to see that Haru Onodera is finally going to be in the anime!
flackenstien

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Finally, a season of full-color sparkly Haru. HNNG
moonshine101

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote
This anime is so shit I quit 2 episodes in. Seriously, what makes this anime interesting? I am interested in what makes this anime worth my time because the story was beyond predictable with cliche characters, pathetic comedy, with no progression I imagine whatsoever.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:15 am Reply with quote
Oh well, and here I was hoping KitaEri would voice Haru.
And yes, please animate all the chapters where Tsugumi finds one of Claude's invention.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
#819578 wrote:
This anime is so shit I quit 2 episodes in. Seriously, what makes this anime interesting? I am interested in what makes this anime worth my time because the story was beyond predictable with cliche characters, pathetic comedy, with no progression I imagine whatsoever.

It is true that Nisekoi is a very generic rom com slice of life. The characters were nothing too special and the whole plot is just one big clusterf*** (Seriously, how can three girls just happen to all have lockets given to them by their childhood love), but it has its moments, and if you don't like it then just don't watch it. Personally, i don't like it as well. The characters lack "maturity" to my belief and always overreact to everything. My cup of tea sits with the cool characters that have very controlled reactions to situations. The harem situation isn't to my liking as well, but my main problem is with Raku Ichijo, the main character. I've got one sentence for you kid, "Just frickin' test out the keys with the locket already!!!" I understand your going under puberty and don't have the courage to talk to girls but god I haven't seen someone this pussy since Tsukune from Rosario + Vampire. Overall, if you aren't someone who likes harem rom com slice of life anime, don't watch it. You'll be pulling your hair out of frustration.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
new best girl
moonshine101

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
#819578 wrote:

It is true that Nisekoi is a very generic rom com slice of life. The characters were nothing too special and the whole plot is just one big clusterf*** (Seriously, how can three girls just happen to all have lockets given to them by their childhood love), but it has its moments, and if you don't like it then just don't watch it. Personally, i don't like it as well. The characters lack "maturity" to my belief and always overreact to everything. My cup of tea sits with the cool characters that have very controlled reactions to situations. The harem situation isn't to my liking as well, but my main problem is with Raku Ichijo, the main character. I've got one sentence for you kid, "Just frickin' test out the keys with the locket already!!!" I understand your going under puberty and don't have the courage to talk to girls but god I haven't seen someone this pussy since Tsukune from Rosario + Vampire. Overall, if you aren't someone who likes harem rom com slice of life anime, don't watch it. You'll be pulling your hair out of frustration.

I agree, that is why I don't watch it. I like rom coms/slice of life, but, I just hate all the characters. Nothing about them is interesting. I mean, a good example of a rom com I absolutely love is Yahari Ore no Seishu. Great MC, great heroines, interesting story etc.

Nisekoi bring absolutely nothing to the party other than good looking females. Even then, they're not that appealing to me.
DanchouHaruhi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:20 am Reply with quote
This choice, I love it. From listening to Sakura Ayane's other roles, I believe in her ability to really bring out Haru's personality as it was intended to be. Now #TeamOnodera will have a second meaning.
HeavenTD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:26 am Reply with quote
#819578 wrote:

I agree, that is why I don't watch it. I like rom coms/slice of life, but, I just hate all the characters. Nothing about them is interesting. I mean, a good example of a rom com I absolutely love is Yahari Ore no Seishu. Great MC, great heroines, interesting story etc.

Nisekoi bring absolutely nothing to the party other than good looking females. Even then, they're not that appealing to me.

Really? cause I found (insert anime you like) absolutely shit for the same reasons you listed after 2 episodes and enjoyed (anime you hate) for Great MC, great heroines, interesting story etc.

See where i'm getting at here? Just because you're free to express your opinion doesn't means you should especially if you consider 2 episodes enough to judge a whole season.
DanchouHaruhi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:40 am Reply with quote
HeavenTD wrote:
Just because you're free to express your opinion doesn't means you should especially if you consider 2 episodes enough to judge a whole season.

Agreed. It's not fair to blast a show when it doesn't suit your taste. In my case, when I come across an anime that doesn't sit right with me, I like to find the reasons as to why people actually like this particular anime in the first place. It helps me gain perspective from two different sides for compare and contrast. We all have our own opinions, and no one should be insulting a show and the fans of it just because you don't like it.
moonshine101

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:04 am Reply with quote
HeavenTD wrote:
#819578 wrote:

Really? cause I found (insert anime you like) absolutely shit for the same reasons you listed after 2 episodes and enjoyed (anime you hate) for Great MC, great heroines, interesting story etc.

See where i'm getting at here? Just because you're free to express your opinion doesn't means you should especially if you consider 2 episodes enough to judge a whole season.

I can based off the fact it has had 20 epsiodes for its first season and is getting a second. Based off that knowledge alone and that is is a rom com, I can assume nothing has progressed with any of the females other than that they love him and th enext season will see more love for him, correct? I also saw in those 2 episodes the "shounen" in this anime is a complete lie - am I also correct there?

If you haven't already guessed, I am being rhetorical because I know I am correct. This anime...let me say it...is...SHIT!
HeavenTD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:14 am Reply with quote
So what you're saying is that the anime is shit because it didn't conclude and that there has been no character development?

I'm won't even bother indulging you with further details about the anime since you've clearly made up your mind on baseless details.

But let me say this since you clearly didn't get the memo from my previous post. Let others make up their own mind on whether or not they should watch certain animes rather than spurt your ill-informed opinion to sway others decision.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:03 am Reply with quote
Well, it's interesting to see someone pan a rom-com for not concluding the romance before the series is over. That, from my viewing experience, is a very rare occurance in rom-coms. Especially when it's an anime that involves a harem. Laughing

But, there are cliches in this. That's an easy target to hit in all shows, you can always find a cliche in there somewhere. This won't be winning any awards, but it is a fun watch. Sure, the reason for the locket not being unlocked is a bit weak (it gets broken when they first try it and then there's a 'problem' that will 'take time to fix').

Thing is, from what I've read of discussion on some recent volumes of the series, the whole deal with the locket isn't really what it seems at face value. I look forward to seeing how that plays itself out.

I also look forward to seeing Haru. Unsure when Viz will get to the chapters that she is introduced in in the manga, but I'm assuming I'll end up seeing the character animated before I see the character in print. Laughing
mierin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote
So Ayaneru is voicing the younger sister of a character played by her beloved Hana-chan, I see Laughing

Sakura Ayane is getting lots of pretty major roles lately. I'm happy for this.

I don't follow neither the manga nor the first season anime for this series, but I'm glad it's getting more episodes for the fans to enjoy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2