• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Last: Naruto the Movie Opens at #1 with 515 Million Yen

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veniamin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
And there will never be a simultaneous release. Rolling Eyes
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Those are some impressive numbers for a Naruto movie. Not only is it a large weekend opening increase (from 298 million yen to 515 million yen) over the 2012 Naruto movie, but it did so with just the meager increase of 4 screens compared to the 2012 movie. That's a huge increase for viewers per screen..
bigivel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Those are some impressive numbers for a Naruto movie. Not only is it a large weekend opening increase (from 298 million yen to 515 million yen) over the 2012 Naruto movie, but it did so with just the meager increase of 4 screens compared to the 2012 movie. That's a huge increase for viewers per screen..

They say in the article that it is 1.56% difference, so was around 330 Million yen instead of 298.

Here the article with the number: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-08-06/japanese-box-office-july-28-29

It made around 459 Million Yen. I suppose that with differences of money exchange rates between now and that time it should give something around close to 330. Or the 1.56% difference is wrong and is closer to 1.12% only.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Got my numbers for the 2012 movie here: http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/?yr=2012&wk=30&currency=local&p=.htm

Wait, so this article is only for Friday+Saturday numbers and doesn't even include Sunday?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Naruto is raking strong this week.
bigivel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Got my numbers for the 2012 movie here: http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/?yr=2012&wk=30&currency=local&p=.htm

Wait, so this article is only for Friday+Saturday numbers and doesn't even include Sunday?

I would assume that the numbers are for Saturday and Sunday in this article given that it says that the data was reported on Monday.
Isn't normally reported the weekend, Saturday and Sunday?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how many of the ticket buyers were doing because NaruHina became canon.
OH&S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news. The fact that the movie got these numbers with approximately the same number of screens as the previous film shows its success.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Naruto is raking strong this week.

I think one reason is that this is a shipping movie.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:56 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I think one reason is that this is a shipping movie.

Maybe, though I think if that's all there is to it, it should make less than the previous films did, being as it's hardly a secret at this point which ship is headed for Davy Jones' locker. Sure it'll bring out one half of the base, but will the other side want to spend 1000-1800 yen just to hate-watch?

I'd say part of it is the romance bringing out those who approve and have waited a long time for this, and part of it is the direct involvement of Kishimoto putting the stamp of canon on this, right at the end of the manga story. I'll bet there are a lot of people in the audience who haven't seen a Naruto movie in the theater since they were kids but are showing up for the grand finale out of nostalgia. On one Japanese thread I read, a couple of thirty-somethings were asking if it was "safe" to go (i.e. "If I go, will I be the only adult in the auditorium?")
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:44 am Reply with quote
I really don't care what NaruSaku fans are complaining about, I went to go see this film and it was a lot of fun. Yes, it focused on the romance, but the battle scenes were one of the most awesome points of the movie.

That final soundtrack they used? A remix of the original battle music from the original anime? So much excitement!

A great and fun movie got the ranking it deserves. I'm definitely going again later this month.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
A great and fun movie got the ranking it deserves. I'm definitely going again later this month.

Same here. Actually, Sakura's part ended up being one of the things I really enjoyed about it. And Kishimoto finally remembered spoiler[her genjutsu aptitude]!
Albertgamer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quote
This is the lowest rated naruto movie, they forgot to say that
Albertgamer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
This is the lowest rated naruto movie, they forgot to say that
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1