• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sekai Project Puts Sakura Angels on Steam Greenlight

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razisgosu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Is this going to be like Sakura Spirit? Just fanservice and no adult version? A quick google search doesn't bring up any specifics.
Darstorm-Sandude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:39 am Reply with quote
original english

cringe

I'm now reminding myself that Grisaia and Clannad are the only Sekai Project English translated VN publications that are going to be worth anything at all.
Ultrapwnd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:34 am Reply with quote
Darstorm-Sandude wrote:
original english

cringe

I'm now reminding myself that Grisaia and Clannad are the only Sekai Project English translated VN publications that are going to be worth anything at all.

Uh

- WAS -The Hourglass of Lepidoptera-
- WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01,2,3
- Narcissu 1st & 2nd
- fault milestone one and two
- Raiders Sphere 4th(not a VN)

I get that people might not like games like Koenchu! or PacaPlus, but by no means are Grisaia and Clannad the only good VN's they have translated/translating.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:28 am Reply with quote
Darstorm-Sandude wrote:
original english

cringe

Uh, you might be right that a lot of OE releases in these genres may be crap. However it's just a starting industry on this side, and it has to start somewhere and by someone. The otakudom of Japan wasn't created overnight either.

Look, I know that feeling very well, I hate TokyoPop for how they, being in the dominant position at the time, almost single-handedly crippled the manga industry and its image here in the west in which their push for OEL played a large role, hate them for how in addition to that they tried to screw over the OEL creators themselves by demanding all rights.
However if TP hadn't started the ball rolling chances are, that Seven Seas might not have had an interest to set up a competing line of 'worldmanga', that Madeleine Rosca might not have had the precedents to pick a career as a mangaka, that I might never had had a chance to read a work like 'Hollow Fields'...

From all the mistakes and missteps, failures and such, something will eventually rise. We just need due diligence to find that something.
The market isn't a one-way street, the more companies offer their products the more chance we have to find something we like. In similar way what we cast our votes and wallets for will most likely influence what the companies will strive for henceforth. And the more they can create to our liking the more our trust that they're able to show us the magic with their creations will rise.
That trust isn't in place yet on these western shores. Nor are the guidemaps or structures created by those connections to allow creators free enough reign to break conventions or propagate their works.

It will be, however, one day. It will be...
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:34 am Reply with quote
Those manga drawings were impressive.
OEL VNs doesn't ring well in one's ear, usually. But Sakua Spirit was an OK game, IMO, and I won't mind checking Winged Cloud's next project.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

It's just running in the background. They're not actually playing it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1