• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Broccoli/Nippon Ichi's Z/X Zillions of enemy X Cards Get New Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I actually found the first TV series fairly enjoyable but this is surprising. The series seemed to completely be ignored I thought. Must be doing something...
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote
The first series was terrible, I was expecting something like Yu-Gi-Oh or the later Wixoss, but no, we get no card battles whatsoever in a series that absolutely required it, unless this new series has actual card battles, I'm not watching it.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
That's one of the things that actually made it better IMO. If it had card battles I would have dumped it instantly.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
The reason I dropped the first tv series was solely because of the main character. The premise sounded great, the characters were unique, and the animation wasn't half bad. The story itself was rushed a little, but i think I could've handled it, just the main character got on my nerve so much. Five different futures of the world travel back in time to ensure their timeline survives, with a premise like this that reeks of action and excitement, wouldn't it have been nice to have a badass male lead that is calm, strategic, and ruthless? Hah, nope. Quite frankly, the main character is like a copy paste shounen male lead. For once I would like to see a male lead that isn't trying for world peace. And is it just me, or did the show start heading off in a harem direction?
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I also enjoyed this show for what it was, so this is surprising as it seems hardly anyone watched it and very few people bought the volumes. Still, I'll watch this.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quote
An underrated show from last year. Idk how I feel about this honestly but hopefully the new series will be better..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Arklight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
This is exciting. I find the story good, at least the ending makes me curious for the possibility of Archangel Michael's face looks like the protagonist (or the protagonist looks like Archangel Michael)....
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Well I like the first season and maybe this time it will be longer then 1 cour
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:05 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
The first series was terrible, I was expecting something like Yu-Gi-Oh or the later Wixoss, but no, we get no card battles whatsoever in a series that absolutely required it, unless this new series has actual card battles, I'm not watching it.

You are expecting way too much for a card game adaptation.

What I mainly liked the first season as a whole was for the character interactions and the story that connects with different parallel worlds. I didn't mind the card battles, but the ones I mentionned earlier are more interesting.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:27 am Reply with quote
I liked it. Ayase's backstory episode was, however, way above the others. It was fantastic.
Echii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I personally enjoyed the first anime and I think it is underrated

But I wonder if this new anime is going to be a sequel or a new story ? I hope it is sequel
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1