• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rurouni Kenshin's Watsuki Ends Embalming Frankenstein Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Viz will ever license this? I mean, everything from Watsuki after Kenshin apparently haven't sold super well in the US.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:11 pm Reply with quote
this is his longest manga since Kenshin.At least that probably means he ended on his own terms instead of being forced to rush an ending for not being his next Rurouni Kenshin...
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if Embalming was any good? Watsuki seemed to take a nosedive after Kenshin. Buso Renkin and Gun Blaze West were just a joke in comparison.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
It is his second best manga (or his other truly good one) with a 8,5/10 from me Angel'sArcanum.
This also feels like the right time to close and he warned his fans before that the end is comming. Controlling Flame: Rurouni Kenshin - Hidden Chapter was just amazing for a (this time canon) 2 parter. A few more of these please too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
this is his longest manga since Kenshin.At least that probably means he ended on his own terms instead of being forced to rush an ending for not being his next Rurouni Kenshin...

In terms of serialized years, this is longer than Kenshin.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this means this can be licensed pretty soon. I've never gotten around to reading Gun Blaze West, but I'm a huge fan of Rurouni Kenshin, and I really enjoyed Buso Renkin as well (I still think it got a bit of a bum rap, just for 'not being Kenshin' as well as being the 'other' alchemy-based shonen). I read a little bit of Embalming a while back too and enjoyed what I read of it.

Seriously Viz, you've already brought over a fair chunk of Toriyama's stuff. I need more Watsuki and Katsura in my life too though. Embalming and Zetman announcement before the end of the year? ...Please?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1