• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sony Pictures USA Registers 'Attack on the Titan' Domain Names

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:29 am Reply with quote
This should prove to be interesting...
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:29 am Reply with quote
I don't know about everyone else, but I'd love to see a high budget version get made. The Japan version looks like it's setup for failure.
Kitsunelaine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:31 am Reply with quote
Attack On The Titan. Let the name flamewar commence.

It should be an easy enough movie to make considering there's apparently only one enemy.
minakichan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:33 am Reply with quote
Attack on the Titan
Attack on the Titan
Attack on the Titan
Attack on the Titan
Attack on the Titan
Attack on the Titan
Attack on the Titan
Attack on the Titan

...NOPE, can't stop giggling
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:37 am Reply with quote
It might be something completely unrelated for all we know. But only time will tell.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:45 am Reply with quote
If they're gonna rename it, why not go with Attack on Titans? That is, if this turns out to be a movie based on the Attack on Titan manga, and not about Greek myth or something.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:49 am Reply with quote
Oh shit. Hollywood adaption(if this is where its headed). I want that for Gantz.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:08 am Reply with quote
Keep in mind that movie studios routinely buy "options" to far more properties than ever end up going into production as movies or TV shows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:23 am Reply with quote
Spider-Man vs. Titans forthcoming?
(Although most likely it is a Hollywood remake)
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:23 am Reply with quote
So safe to say Attack of Titan live-actions movies will come through them?

Sony, why not Kenshin too? Sad
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:47 am Reply with quote
Just as well this could be the international title for the current Live Action (Toho) film about to be released and Sony is acting as distributer.

Either way "Titans" as a title for film releases is probably still tied up with that currently not-in-production series of reboot films about mythological beings and Olympus.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:53 am Reply with quote
"Attack on the Titan"? Nope never heard of it. Is this going to be a Teen Titan movie then? Wink
DarkCyradis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:51 am Reply with quote
Heheheh, I've been waiting for this. I figured ever since the Japanese live-action films started making all those weird switcharoos (shortly after they cast Eren), changing from a straight-up adaptation to this weird AU version set in Japan, switching around character names (look at Lil's nose--there's no way she was cast to be anyone but Annie!) and leaving out major characters like Levi and Erwin entirely--it's clear that a Hollywood live-action film was being negotiated, and must have been accepted around that time with the condition that it couldn't be announced until at least the first Japanese live-action film had come out, so that it wouldn't steal its thunder (since yeah, the Hollywood version will have a WAY bigger graphics budget and an (for once) appropriately Caucasian cast (since the characters, minus Mikasa, are meant to be white in the anime/manga)).

Considering Hollywood is grasping at any major geek-friendly properties to turn into films, from superheroes to YA novels to Disney princesses to *anime*/anime-inspired films (2017 Ghost in the Shell movie starring Scarlet Johannson, Pacific Rim, Big Hero 6, the upcoming Armitage HBO TV series, etc), there's no way they missed the humongous phenomenon that is Attack on Titan, especially not with openly anime-friendly directors like Guillermo del Torro and the Wachowski Brothers out there...

So I'd imagine this is definitely Sony making preparations to make their big announcement around the release of the first Japanese live-action AoT movie...
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:03 am Reply with quote
I wonder what they are setting up for Confused Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:19 am Reply with quote
Adaminator1 wrote:
Attack On The Titan. Let the name flamewar commence.

It should be an easy enough movie to make considering there's apparently only one enemy.

The Japanese had the same problem with plurals, we just remembered to use proper articles.

(And could just be optioning the inevitable Japanese live-action movie for import, since Funi already has the series, and those on the Crackle thread already know about Sony's speed for releasing TV anime.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3