• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Shōjo Time-Travel Romance Manga Orange

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow good pick up. I'm definitely considering getting some copies of this with the recent updates for the chapters and live action announcement. Anime adaptation soon please? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I assumed that print licenses for series already on CR were a lost cause (with Kodansha as an exception), but I'm glad to know that's not always the case! I'm so excited for this!!
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:20 pm Reply with quote
This is the best news I've heard all day but new someone had to pick this series up relatively soon as it seems to have had a lot of good publicity recently. I'm glad there is a new series being released that I can use to replace those that I am reading that are drawing to their conclutions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
This looks cute. I'll definitely be buying it. Seven Seas is really doing well to take my money lately.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:59 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Seven Seas is really doing well to take my money lately.

Me too. Laughing
Jajanken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:46 pm Reply with quote
BOUT DAMN TIME
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, my wallet will definitely has to go on a diet again Very Happy
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
lys wrote:
I assumed that print licenses for series already on CR were a lost cause (with Kodansha as an exception), but I'm glad to know that's not always the case! I'm so excited for this!!

I guess that'd have more to do with the Japanese publisher, and not CR themselves?

Gives me hope, as i want Kawaisou in print...

As for Orange, so happy! I had mentioned, on the thread about the live-action adaption, that I really wanted this to be in print.

And, what's even better (for me), is that the whole story is done in May. Had no idea that Orange was going to end after 5 volumes. Will definitely be pre-ordering these, but won't be sitting down to read it until the 2nd omnibus is in my hands come May 2016!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:03 pm Reply with quote
This sounds pretty interesting/promising. I haven't had any exposure to this series before but I enjoyed The Girl Who Leapt Through Time so I'll be checking this out for sure.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Definite buy. Orange is one of my faves!
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Wow, definitely didn't expect this from Seven Seas, but I'm definitely not complaining! This makes my day! Very Happy
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
lys wrote:

Seven Seas is already publishing Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and Arpeggio of the Blue Steel, both of which are on CR, and Vertical has Ajin and Insufficient Direction, though I believe in a couple of those cases the Japanese publisher made a deal with CR without informing the American publishers knowing. Oh, and I think Crayon Shin Chan is licensed by somebody too.
lys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
lys wrote:

I guess that'd have more to do with the Japanese publisher, and not CR themselves?

Gives me hope, as i want Kawaisou in print...

Kawaisou in print would be nice... and SoreMachi... (did you know? SoreMachi has its own character who lives in an apartment building named Kawaisou, though it uses different kanji.)

I meant more that the series being available legally, digitally, from a distributor like CR can make print publishers think twice about whether they want to pick the series up in the first place: if they expect most readers have already read the series online, it could mean lower sales of their edition, and they might decide to go for something "fresher." But I hope this does really well for Seven Seas and proves that theory wrong. Never die, print manga!!
shterraarson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Beautiful manga but I couldn't make it through without sobbing uncontrollably.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:32 pm Reply with quote
lys wrote:
Kawaisou in print would be nice... and SoreMachi... (did you know? SoreMachi has its own character who lives in an apartment building named Kawaisou, though it uses different kanji.)

I meant more that the series being available legally, digitally, from a distributor like CR can make print publishers think twice about whether they want to pick the series up in the first place: if they expect most readers have already read the series online, it could mean lower sales of their edition, and they might decide to go for something "fresher." But I hope this does really well for Seven Seas and proves that theory wrong. Never die, print manga!!

Ah, and a little piece of trivia. Unfortunately, I've never read/seen SoreMachi, so that is something I did not know.

As for your point on digital, I understand. Would definitely be something that would enter the process for licensing. I do wonder how much the illegal scans side factors in. Of course, that is a discussion for another thread...and I'm sure it has already been discussed before. Laughing

Pretty sure there were concerns for Biscuit Hammer, due to SS licensing that one for print, only to have the digital announcement made afterwards. I know Biscuit Hammer isn't doing well for SS, but I'm grateful that they are going to be releasing the whole series in print.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2