• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Anime's 1st TV Ad Confirms July Debut

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Ah, another one of Noitamina's series to air this Summer. Nice. I wonder if they will add another title to air though since there's two more in their lineup.

For this show, I kinda like the visual although I have mixed feelings on the director.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bobob101

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I've actually read a tiny bit of Edogawa Ranpo, so I will have to give this a look
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Too little to say anything about this, but I do have to say that the art style isn't the best looking.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

For this show, I kinda like the visual although I have mixed feelings on the director.

They chose his biggest failure (Hamatora) as one of the anime's. But don't be put off by it. The man is insane. Persona 4 was incredible, Danganronpa was insane, He also did Angel Beatsand is currently doing Assassination Classroom. He's really really good. He was just unfortunate enough to be given a series with a shit with such as Hamatora. Plus he's working with the same people with this as Assassination Classroom, and that anime is really well done as an adaptation
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Too little to say anything about this, but I do have to say that the art style isn't the best looking.

For some reason alot dont like Lerche's style. I think it looks great when being animated, as seen in Assassination Classroom. I love how the outlines are done in different size marker. A pity it looks so normal on posters
bassgs435

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

They chose his biggest failure (Hamatora) as one of the anime's. But don't be put off by it. The man is insane. Persona 4 was incredible, Danganronpa was insane, He also did Angel Beatsand is currently doing Assassination Classroom. He's really really good. He was just unfortunate enough to be given a series with a shit with such as Hamatora. Plus he's working with the same people with this as Assassination Classroom, and that anime is really well done as an adaptation

Danganronpa was a really bad adaptation, actually. The game was much better.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:50 pm Reply with quote
What are Seiji Kishi and Makoto Uezu doing? There's a second season of Yuuki Yuuna that still needs to be made!
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:
What are Seiji Kishi and Makoto Uezu doing? There's a second season of Yuuki Yuuna that still needs to be made!

And Assassination Classroom (think thats confirmed for this year). This is where they shows us what they got
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Kishi is an incredibly competent director as long as it's not a video game for source material. Definitely looking forward to this for summer.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
bassgs435 wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Really? Never played the game. It was a good anime though. But he's doing a Tetsuro Araki level adaptation with Assassination Classroom at the moment. Really excellent
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:20 pm Reply with quote
bassgs435 wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Well I wouldn't say it's a really bad adaption because it still stayed true to the game. The only thing that they were missing is some minor interactions between the characters. Which if they wanted to, could cover it in ovas.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
The PV could've been OK if it wasn't for that piano...
bassgs435

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
@DontmesswithKarma and Felicitydash
Danganronpa rushed the trials and investigation scenes a lot, leaving a lot of stuff unexplained or badly explained thanks to the 13 episodes limit.

To give you an idea, the game's trials last 1 hour at minimum and 3 hours at maximum, so you can guess they had to skip stuff.
It still stayed true to the game's plot instead of going for an original one (like what happened with DeSu2A), but in a game where a major part of the enjoyment is the investigation of the murders, and how the pieces of the mysteries come together in the trials, what they did wasn't acceptable , in my opinion
YumeHunter

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:31 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Kishi is an incredibly competent director as long as it's not a video game for source material. Definitely looking forward to this for summer.
I definitely agree. His video game adaptations are pretty mediocre and bad but his other shows like Assassination Classroom are pretty great.
LinkSword

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Seiji Kishi equals all red alarms activated as far as I'm concerned. I'll watch it because it's on noitaminA, but I'll expect mediocrity at best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2