• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XV Demo Gets 'Ver 2.00' Update in June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iAmDot

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:21 am Reply with quote
damned it! i cant wait to see the final finished of this game hohoho
SilverSpades

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:34 am Reply with quote
Can't wait.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:23 am Reply with quote
Wow, the game is looking REALLY nice. The water's rippling effects, animal behavior and the ability to do a little more with the game mechanics. Can't wait to see it. I guess we're going to have gigantic summons. And of course Yoko Shimomura in full effect.
Toonami4Eva

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote
F#%@ Yeah ^^ Square Enix finally hearing our complaints, This game might be even better than I originally thought.
Then again maybe I shouldnt put my expectations so high knowing their track record. They can lavish their demo with awesome graphics and epic gameplay all they want it wont mean jack if the full games' story is as whack as 13's was >_>
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Lol, get a load of the video comments complaining about the English dub. Typical whiny dual audio idiots. They ruin every English trailer with that crap.
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
Lol, get a load of the video comments complaining about the English dub. Typical whiny dual audio idiots. They ruin every English trailer with that crap.

What ruins it is a substandard (its a great number of cases, save for some occasions) english audio option, its a huge issue if that audio is forced and the only option.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:
What ruins it is a substandard (its a great number of cases, save for some occasions) english audio option, its a huge issue if that audio is forced and the only option.

Mind explaining what makes it "substandard"? And forced audio? You do realize this is an English dub for a game being released in an English-speaking territory, right?
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:21 am Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:

Mind explaining what makes it "substandard"? And forced audio? You do realize this is an English dub for a game being released in an English-speaking territory, right?

"Forced", as in you can't choose. Surely, whether the people who'd use the Japanese dub are in the majority or the minority, they exist in a large quantity. Enough to warrant the ability to switch languages on some previous games or buy a DLC to install it. Everyone has their own preference, though. Some of my friends just can't play without an English dub, but aside from the fact that I know Japanese (I just beat FFXIII-2 in Japanese on my PS3), I just find that some (not all, but definitely some) of the English voices either lack emotion or... make characters less appealing to me when they were meant to be appealing. A lot of people love to hate on Vanille in the first XIII game, and she always threw me off in English, but when I replayed it in Japanese, she became one of my favorite characters and it had everything to do with her voice acting changing how her character was presented. I haven't seen an English dub trailer for FFXV myself yet (trying not to spoil too much, outside of the first few trailers), so I can't judge this game yet.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:39 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Surely, whether the people who'd use the Japanese dub are in the majority or the minority, they exist in a large quantity. Enough to warrant the ability to switch languages on some previous games or buy a DLC to install it.

Not really no. They're among the lowest numbers actually. Basically a niche group in gaming circles and generally the ones with the smallest voices.

Quote:
I just find that some (not all, but definitely some) of the English voices either lack emotion or... make characters less appealing to me when they were meant to be appealing.

The tired out "English acting lacks emotion" excuse. Not exactly an original justification anymore, especially since English dubs have come a long way since their original inception.
Brian_FTP

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:49 am Reply with quote
When I first read about a possible "patch" or a "2.0" version of the FFXV demo, I thought it was a waste of time. I had wished that Square Enix would just focus on finishing the actual game.

After reading SE's responses towards the first round of feedback and the changes that they plan to implement because of that feedback... I'm much more optimistic about this 2.0 update. I love the way that they're listening to their fans on this numbered title.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1