• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RightStufTanukiMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:55 am Reply with quote
Our Daily Deals from the past week were: Apocolypse, Apocolypse, Apocolypse, Apocolypse, and yesterday's theme was Countdown!

Okay, let's address the elephant in the room. TOKYO GHOUL IS OUT!!!! WOOO! (We may or may not have ten Tokyo Ghoul posters in my immediate surroundings. Don't question my judgement.)

...oh yeah, we have a new website too. Meh. What is a new website good for, anyway? Making me stay at work until 1am? Psssh. No big.

But really, we're all super excited and dedicated to this massive project we've been working on since last fall, and we're all thrilled that you can finally share in this experience with us. We recognize that there will be a lot of bugs and hiccups along the way, but in the end, we know that this new website will help us provide better service to all of you. Since our focus is on customer care, please let us know if you are having any issues at all, and we'll do everything we can to correct them. In the meantime, please explore everything our website has to offer!

If you're struggling to find the Weekly Specials and Daily Deals page, struggle no longer because you won't find them. Instead, we have partnered with several companies to bring you new fantastic discounts on items in our Mega Deals, and we will return with new specials next Thursday.

Before I go into a long, boring paragraph about how cool our new website is (so you can figure out many of the new features on your own), I wanted to hit on some big points for our new website:

-Wish Lists: Use multiple wish lists to save items for later and plan your future purchases
-Quick View: Use Quick View to see an item’s essential info
-Enhanced Search: Narrow your results with over 150 unique search facets
-Got Anime Member Price: Now appears when you log in to your account

And perhaps our most exciting announcement...
WE ARE NOW ACCEPT PAYPAL! WOOHOO!

Yen Press Sale!

At Least 33% OFF All Books From Yen Press!

Promo Code: YP2015

Click here for a list of all products!

Sale ends: June 25, 2015.

RightStufAnime.com Launch Contest! Three Chances to Win!

To celebrate the launch of our new site, we're offering fans the chance to win one of three amazing prize packages! Three lucky winners will receive a prize containing fantastic items from Aniplex of America, Sentai Filmworks, FUNimation, and Nozomi Entertainment! Enter today for your chance to win! After that, check out all the new features Right Stuf Anime has to offer!

Prize Package 1: Kill la Kill Blu-ray 1, Kill la Kill Blu-ray 2, Kill la Kill Blu-ray 3, Kill la Kill Blu-ray 4, Kill la Kill Blu-ray 5, Highschool of the Dead Collector's Edition, Yakitate!! Japan Part 1, Hyperdimension Neptunia Limited Edition

Prize Package 2: Sword Art Online Standard Edition Blu-ray Set 1, Sword Art Online Standard Edition Blu-ray Set 2, Sword Art Online Standard Edition Blu-ray Set 3, Sword Art Online Standard Edition Blu-ray Set 4, Knights of Sidonia Collector's Edition, Yakitate!! Japan Part 1, Noragami Season 1 Limited Edition

Prize Package 3: Durarara!! Complete Series, Garden of Sinners ~recalled out summer~ Limited Edition, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Collector's Edition, Yakitate!! Japan Part 1, Soul Eater Not! Limited Edition

Entries will be accepted until July 17, 2015.

Recently Added Items
Unfortunately, we do not have a page linking to all the recently added items, but until we have that feature available, I will be linking to the items we add as we add them. The recently added Funimation solicitations will be at 40% off for only one week (until 6/25/2015).

Whispered Words Graphic Novel 3 $15.25 (Currently Unavailable)
Free! -Eternal Summer- Season 2 BD/DVD $38.99
Free! -Eternal Summer- Season 2 Limited Edition BD/DVD $41.99
Full Metal Panic! BD/DVD Anime Classics $23.99
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu BD/DVD Anime Classics $20.99
One Piece Season 7 Part 2 DVD Uncut $23.98
Peacemaker DVD Anime Classics $17.99
Selector Infected WIXOSS BD/DVD $38.98
Selector Infected WIXOSS Limited Edition BD/DVD $41.99
Space Dandy Season 2 BD/DVD $38.99
Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 BD/DVD $38.99
Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 Collector's Edition BD/DVD $77.99
Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 Limited Edition BD/DVD $41.99
Double Duty Nurses DVD Adult $20.24

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming:

Was someone at Right Stuf totally awesome for you? Please let us know so we can reward our staff!

We love happy customer e-mails - we are a service organization - so tell us about our service! What was good, what can be improved; we want to hear it! You can also post on our Facebook page! For those who are interested, we do indeed have company lunches that much!

Submit an image of how your shipment arrived! Best photos will be circulated around the office in admiration and/or shock as appropriate. Creative recycling is encouraged.

Hints and Notes from Shawne:
A found ring.
"Approved" and waiting the final paperwork. People will be pleased.
Something different in the retelling.
A negative and a positive.
Not sure about this one. Still likely a long shot.
Captured on film.
In training.

Great ways to interact with the minions at Right Stuf! We're here to help!
Our Facebook ~ Shawne's Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr ~ Pinterest
-----------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to our weekly updates and press release announcements! Anime information in your inbox!

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (Weekly Specials, Bargain Bins, Closeout items, and specialty Imports) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at www.rightstufanime.com. Items on that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requirements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon. Coupons expire at 11:59 pm Central Time on the date of expiration.

Thanks for your business from the entire Right Stuf team!

Would you like to see our newest news and newsletters, prettier than we can make them here? Click here!
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:18 am Reply with quote
I've already voiced my displeasure on twitter, but I hate the redesign, and unless it's cleaned up, I'll likely be taking my business elsewhere.

1) I have broadband internet. It takes over 2 minutes to load the front page, and longer for interior pages. This is unacceptable.
2) Half of the time, I have to click the links 3-4 times until it actually registers that I clicked a link.
3) I use the recent additions page almost exclusively. I am not happy it's gone.
4) The giant images all over the place, quite frankly, make the site incredibly ugly to me. I already used the image-free ways to view the site, just as I removed the images from this site. It also forces the images to fully load before the page will display at all, which is adding to the loading times.
5) Forgot to mention this on twitter, but the stupid little dots following my mouse around? I hated those 2 decades ago when they were popular, and nothing has changed about that. It also not only lowers page loading speed, but also a) lags my browser, and b) lags my entire computer.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:47 am Reply with quote
Had to reset my password. Which just meant that I had to set it to the same password that I had prior. Stupid. Also, I already had a wishlist set up. Now it's gone. Thanks for nothing. So, now I have to enter weekly deal codes again? How is this an improvement? Used to be that the codes, like YP2015 were automatically entered. Now that doesn't seem to be the case. So, you've taken a step backwards, and I'm supposed to be pleased by this? Nah, I don't think so. I used to be able to show all the products on sale on a single page. Seems I can't do that anymore. That is stupid, fix it now. Still not fixed? I said now. You have failed me. Until this simple thing is fixed, I'm not spending another dime with you. Your loss, since I've spent tens of thousands of dollars until this point. I don't like this change, no one asked for it, knock it off.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:37 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
I've already voiced my displeasure on twitter, but I hate the redesign, and unless it's cleaned up, I'll likely be taking my business elsewhere.

1) I have broadband internet. It takes over 2 minutes to load the front page, and longer for interior pages. This is unacceptable.
2) Half of the time, I have to click the links 3-4 times until it actually registers that I clicked a link.
3) I use the recent additions page almost exclusively. I am not happy it's gone.
4) The giant images all over the place, quite frankly, make the site incredibly ugly to me. I already used the image-free ways to view the site, just as I removed the images from this site. It also forces the images to fully load before the page will display at all, which is adding to the loading times.
5) Forgot to mention this on twitter, but the stupid little dots following my mouse around? I hated those 2 decades ago when they were popular, and nothing has changed about that. It also not only lowers page loading speed, but also a) lags my browser, and b) lags my entire computer.

We are working on the page load speed. We just put the site up and we're still making adjustments. Realize this is an issue.

Some features aren't there yet. We added a number of features, and some we're working to reimplement. Lots of items on the to do list.

I'm not sure what you mean by the stupid dots. I am wondering if this is just the page adding to the cache, and rendering images. As we added hundreds of thousands of images, it needs to render them as people view them for the first time and resize them the sizes needed.

We're happy to take constructive criticism. Keep in mind the site has been active for like an hour. We will have a bit of rockiness as we get data moved. We've added some great features and are working on others.

As a workaround for "recent additions" you can use the facet for preorders and then select "new to old." This would give the newest items available for preorder. However, I know that people liked and used this link. It's on the list.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Had to reset my password. Which just meant that I had to set it to the same password that I had prior. Stupid. Also, I already had a wishlist set up. Now it's gone. Thanks for nothing. So, now I have to enter weekly deal codes again? How is this an improvement? Used to be that the codes, like YP2015 were automatically entered. Now that doesn't seem to be the case. So, you've taken a step backwards, and I'm supposed to be pleased by this? Nah, I don't think so. I used to be able to show all the products on sale on a single page. Seems I can't do that anymore. That is stupid, fix it now. Still not fixed? I said now. You have failed me. Until this simple thing is fixed, I'm not spending another dime with you. Your loss, since I've spent tens of thousands of dollars until this point. I don't like this change, no one asked for it, knock it off.

Since we built a new platform, we needed to make new accounts. Since your password was encrypted, we needed you to reset it. Unfortunate, but necessary.

We have added a number of features, and know there are others we need yet to implement. Lots of things on the roadmap. This architecture allows us to build in ways the old one did not.

There is a condensed view for items that are in the current sale:
http://www.rightstufanime.com/publisher/YEN-PRESS?order=displayname:asc&show=48&display=condensed

Are you saying you would prefer that this be a scrolled page for every single item?

I'm all for constructive criticism, and I know people often don't like change. I'm sorry you are displeased with the new site.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:11 am Reply with quote
The order history list needs work as well. As it is right now, I have no way to track pre-orders and I have to enter in the specific date range for when I made orders which I don't normally track once I receive any item from your online store since I could archive it on the old site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:54 am Reply with quote
I'm running out to work so this is my quick initial impression.

Pros:
1. Site looks sharper, more modern.
2. I like having some larger pictures of items, it was frustrating in the past to barely be able to see items.
3. Wishlists was a must, glad to see it added.
4. Paypal is a good move, new customers may feel more secure this way.

Neutral:
1. Shame that its now rightstuf anime, but I guess it will help with online search results.
2. New site makes sense that I will need to re-enter my account info, but...(see below in cons)

Cons:
1. Nooo!! My saved items are now all gone from the old website! I didn't have a chance to transfer them! I don't remember everything I had!! Crying or Very sad

2. I hate, hate, hate QuickView. Have I mentioned my extreme dislike for this non-feature? I hate it on amazon and I hate it wherever it may be found. I used to mouse over stuff on the front page of amazon if it looked interesting and it would pop-up a view of item and price. Now I have to click to see the price and click again to close window which adds extra unnecessary clicks. This is totally annoying and is the reason I don't bother with anything on their front page anymore. The only advantage so far on the rightstuf site is that price is already shown before the QuickView so I don't have to make any extra clicks. But really what does it add?

3. So, I went to reset my password did what was required and it wont let me log in to the site. It seems to try to process my email and password and then just stops like it can't go thru.

Questions:
1. I'm glad we have larger pics on item pages, but will we have additional pics especially of Limited Edition items to see what is included. On the old site image links also seemed to get broken after a while hopefully this wont be the case anymore.

2. Could we have a little more info on the details part of item pages. I like to see what the audio is (5.1, 2.0, DTS, etc.) without having to go to another website to check it out.

Last edited by One-Eye on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:56 am Reply with quote
Really pissed that my 'Save for Later' list was cleared out. I had about 100 items in there that I was saving for specific sales.

Also, this convoluted date selection process for previous orders is completely worthless, too (not to mention that it defaults back to the year 1800 when I click on it to change the date). Just keep it how it was - list all existing orders and give us the option to archive complete orders.

And please, PLEASE, bring back the 'New/Changed Items' section.
RightStufTenguMinion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:07 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
I'm glad we have larger pics on item pages, but will we have additional pics especially of Limited Edition items to see what is included. On the old site image links also seemed to get broken after a while hopefully this wont be the case anymore.

We're still working on getting these up on the site, but rest assured, they are coming back. Wink
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:03 am Reply with quote
Am I supposed to start a new account for the new web site?
When I tried to reset my password I got the message that my email address was not registered as a customer. I am sure that it is the right address, but I also tried every email address that I use, and none of them work.

I must say that this was a rather bad surprise this morning.

shawnek wrote:
http://www.rightstufanime.com/publisher/YEN-PRESS?order=displayname:asc&show=48&display=condensed

Either that is the wrong link or something is not working right.
What I see is a list of all 1014 Yen Press products.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:27 am Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by the stupid dots. I am wondering if this is just the page adding to the cache, and rendering images. As we added hundreds of thousands of images, it needs to render them as people view them for the first time and resize them the sizes needed.

There is a circle of dots that hang out at the tail of my mouse. It's a specific hover that follows my mouse around. Sometimes they stretch out slightly, and sometimes they change in size, but they have nothing to do with the page loading, the only way for this to happen is for the specific hover to be added to follow the mouse.
RightStufTanukiMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:06 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
Am I supposed to start a new account for the new web site?
When I tried to reset my password I got the message that my email address was not registered as a customer. I am sure that it is the right address, but I also tried every email address that I use, and none of them work.

I must say that this was a rather bad surprise this morning.

shawnek wrote:

Either that is the wrong link or something is not working right.
What I see is a list of all 1014 Yen Press products.

If all of the orders you placed this year are open orders, there is a good chance that is why your account is not showing up yet. Once we have all open orders imported, this should no longer be an issue. If you would like to shop now, we can merge your accounts based on email once the import is complete.

Our current sale is a Yen Press sale, so all of the 1,014 Yen Press items are eligible.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
My only major gripe is that my saved for later list is now gone. Is there no way to bring those back?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
RightStufTanukiMinion wrote:
If you're struggling to find the Weekly Specials and Daily Deals page, struggle no longer because you won't find them. Instead, we have partnered with several companies to bring you new fantastic discounts on items in our Mega Deals, and we will return with new specials next Thursday.

Please elaborate more on this. The only "Mega Deal" that I see is a DVD version of Deen's Fate/Stay Night. Where are the rest of the weekly specials or mega deals or whatever? The weekly specials was basically something I checked every week on the dot, and if that has been replaced by a single "mega deal" then I'm completely unsatisfied as a customer with that change.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I can't say I'm thrilled with the change to preauthorizing the entire amount on credit card orders even for distant preorders(I've placed quite a few on cards that didn't have the funds available quite that instant), which really does little more than pointlessly hold up funds(if the hold expires between placing the order and charging it, there's no point in a full-value hold; those funds could be pissed away before you can ship the item anyway).

Checking out the order history, I'll speak from personal experience: I've had to tell far too many people how to work the filter for the order history of my last employer's site to regard it as anything less than a design flaw to default to any sort of narrow date-based filter. Frankly, the selective hiding of orders was also far more useful for me to tell the orders with outstanding items apart from those I'd received in full; you've removed a useful feature and replaced with worse than nothing.

Speaking of that, you've also broken the ability to open the details of multiple orders at once. There is absolutely no good reason to have orders pulled up by Javascript if you move to a new page; please return that function to a proper link so I can start opening the orders in separate tabs again.

And as a simple note, I can't find anywhere to begin an advanced search, rather than starting one and starting a drilldown after the fact. Not a dealbreaker, but it was rather nice to be able to set all the fields ahead of time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 17