• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Summer 2015 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Oh nice, it has begun!

I'm looking forward to this Summer quite a bit with big titles like Gate, Prison School, etc. So far, it as has potential imo with Game of Laplace and Gangsta. I'm some of the bigger titles on the weekends will live up to their hype.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
addiemon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I was impressed with Ranpo Kitan more than I expected, to be honest. even though it's noitaminA the style was more thoughtful than I expected...I didn't really know much about the series but expected it to be more straightforward and meh.

Kind of wish Terror in Resonance, which was supposed to be something of a cat-and-mouse game, had managed to muster a little more energy, like this has (so far).
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Here we gooooo! Time to get the popcorn ready. My first impression of the season is that it seems pretty weak with a lot of shows looking like coin flips. Hopefully some manage to surprise me. Between Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace and Gangsta its at least starting out strong. Now if only all the other shows can follow suit.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:59 pm Reply with quote
It begins! I'm excited to start seeing the previews again! Especially for Rokka no Yuusha, GATE, and Akagami no Shirayuki-hime. Hoping to see good things about them!

Haven't started anything yet, but tomorrow is Gate and that Aoharu x Kikanjuu so I'll be getting to those. I'm mostly looking forward to JR S3 (Trash, I know, but eh) and that Makura no Danshi anime. Can't help my guilty pleasures, lol.
Via_01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Man, I'm a mystery nut, so of course I'm going to watch the hell out of Ranpo Kitan. First episode showed promise, and I hope it keeps a similar vein to Edogawa's novels.
Raoh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to this season. Hoping it doesn't contain anything as bad as Ultimate Otaku Teacher.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:28 pm Reply with quote
And so it begins ... the constant reloading of Funimation's site to see if they've uploaded the first episode of Gangsta yet. Every season, it's the same thing. You'd think by this point they'd be able to add a countdown timer that could tell us when shows are going to premiere.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Mentioned it on the anime forum Ranpo Kitan post, but I'm feeling a little mixed so far. The gimmicky anime tropes (such as the teacher) don't mesh well with the atmosphere.

Kobayashi is interesting, but I can't say I like him much. He is written to be so "oh my god he's okay with THIS?!", like a young teen's OC. Granted, it's only the first episode, but I'm worried they wont explore it adequately. The gray people were a nice artistic touch, though. Hope it ties in.

Akechi is fine. Not breaking any molds, but fine.

I'll keep watching. The premise is interesting enough and I want to see how thinks evolve. Even if it does fold into mediocrity, there's still Takahiro Sakurai.
PetitePuff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Cool Summer time! bring on the previews!
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote
The mystery might be interesting, but unfortunately the premise is too damn over the top and unbelievable. Not my cup of tea.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote
It seems that Summer 2015 is bound to be fun-filled with this awesome lineup. I think I'll start it off by first watching Ultimate Otaku Teacher. Smile
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:06 pm Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
The mystery might be interesting, but unfortunately the premise is too damn over the top and unbelievable. Not my cup of tea.

Yeah just from reading it,it's sounds like it's trying so damn hard to be creepy and disturbing.

Gangsta which has a very meandering first half, really picks in that last half. Biggest issue is the animation which is pretty average for the most part. OP and soundtrack in general are great.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:43 pm Reply with quote
As far as I'm concerned, summer's off to a great start. Two for two with Gangsta and Ranpo Kitan.

Btw, Ranpo's Akechi is voiced by Takahiro Sakurai, not Tomohiro as written in Rebecca's review. Just one more point in its favor. Even though he's in everything, I haven't OD'ed on his voice yet. Smile
myskaros

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:09 am Reply with quote
Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace: This kind of anime setup sounds somewhat familiar... Am I wrong in remembering that Un-Go was somewhat the same way? A compilation of unconnected mystery novels set into 1 connected universe? That is, assuming that Laplace will also have a consistent set of characters and chronological timeline behind the various mysteries.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:32 am Reply with quote
So, Game of Laplace, huh? Yeah . . . great opening theme, impressive aesthetics, intriguing mystery . . . and absolutely awful characters and a setting that's just not believable. I can tell this is going to be another Seiji Kishi stinker, in the vein of Danganronpa.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 48