• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arslan: The Warriors of Legend Heads West on PS4/PS3/Xbox One

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:44 am Reply with quote
Shame its not coming to the Wii U
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:42 am Reply with quote
That's really unexpected but definitely a good thing! But I also wish it was coming to the Wii U.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:50 am Reply with quote
My roommate enjoys Musou-style games, and we're both enjoying the Arslan manga, so it's a shame that the PS3 version is digital-only. We don't do digital-only games.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:53 am Reply with quote
I expected no Wii U release (still a bummer), but not even a physical PS3 release? Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:42 pm Reply with quote
They might as well dub it. We have the English cast already thanks to the Broadcast Dub Laughing
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:

Yeah. Releasing it on Wii U would make a lot more sense than Xbox One, which until now has not had any musou titles announced since Warriors Orochi Ultimate was such a flop on it... while Wii U has had a surge of interest in the genre with Zelda Musou being one of the most successful musou titles W-force has made in years.

Dunno why they're bothering with the console where the game has the least potential for sales again tbh. The audience just isn't there.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
They might as well dub it. We have the English cast already thanks to the Broadcast Dub Laughing

If they use an anime dub cast, I would really prefer that they would use the orginal jp dub.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:

Don't hold your breath.
They didn't dub DWG: Reborn after dubbing the first three titles, with a really great cast IMO, aside from Kamille not being consistent.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh. An anime game that's not Naruto/DBZ/One Piece heading to the west? That's unexpected. Consider it purchased.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:02 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
Oh. An anime game that's not Naruto/DBZ/One Piece heading to the west? That's unexpected. Consider it purchased.

they released the Fist of The North Star games,remember?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

Yeah. Releasing it on Wii U would make a lot more sense than Xbox One, which until now has not had any musou titles announced since Warriors Orochi Ultimate was such a flop on it... while Wii U has had a surge of interest in the genre with Zelda Musou being one of the most successful musou titles W-force has made in years.

Dunno why they're bothering with the console where the game has the least potential for sales again tbh. The audience just isn't there.

Probably because the Xbox brand has had it's fair share of Musou titles on it more so than Nintendo's own consoles. Saying it has no audience on the Xbox One in spite of that knowledge is kind of naive honestly.

Incidentally Hyrule Warriors owes all it's success to brand recognition which you really can't use to compare it's success on the WiiU in comparison to Warrior Orochi Ultimate's supposed failure on the Xbox One especially if you're ignoring the facts that WOU was a rerelease of a last gen game, was released on a console that's just as divisive as the WiiU and also isn't even the most recent Musou game released for the system.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

early 2016? Confused

well.. that's better than nothing..

it's been a while since i played DW games or its clones..
ZorinBlitz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Nothing is coming to Wii U, dead console outsold by vita. Hopefully their next console turns out well. Even when Wii U gets third party support the games get terrible sales. I think they need to put out a console more powerful than ps4 and xbox one and get all the third party support.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:47 am Reply with quote
ZorinBlitz wrote:
Rederoin wrote:
Nothing is coming to Wii U, dead console outsold by vita. Hopefully their next console turns out well. Even when Wii U gets third party support the games get terrible sales. I think they need to put out a console more powerful than ps4 and xbox one and get all the third party support.

what was that game?

.. splatoon? moved a lot of systems in the past few weeks

Wii U needs third party support badly.. but they are working on a new system anyway

Wii u is appealing for some consumers for its cheaper price and backward compatibility...

Xbox one and PS4 can not compete with the Wii U when it comes to BC.. with BC the Wii U has the largest game library of the current gen... but only if you are willing to play last gen games anyway.. Confused
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:36 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

Xbox one and PS4 can not compete with the Wii U when it comes to BC.. with BC the Wii U has the largest game library of the current gen... but only if you are willing to play last gen games anyway.. Confused

Yeah and looking at the PS4's and WiiU's install base no one gives a damn about Backwards Compatibility.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1