• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, August 23-29 [2015-09-04]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
*looks at assassination classroom and tokyo ghoul*
Gee if only Viz had any popular series they could add to their magazine now that Naruto is done. Jump is such an obscure brand name it's no wonder they have trouble finding things to add.

Okay I'm done being sarcastic and bitter now.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
*looks at assassination classroom and tokyo ghoul*
Gee if only Viz had any popular series they could add to their magazine now that Naruto is done. Jump is such an obscure brand name it's no wonder they have trouble finding things to add.

Okay I'm done being sarcastic and bitter now.

Assassination Classroom is most likely reaching its climax soon and so wouldn't make much sense to add to the weekly magazine for a brief stint. & Tokyo Ghoul is over and onto the sequel series so it doesn't make much sense to add the sequel when they've barely started on the original.

I do think an accelerated release schedule would benefit boh of these titles though. They both have a fair amount of content not translated by Viz and I think there is definitely enough of a fanbase to support monthly released of volumes (as Kodansha USA did with Fairy Tail, Attack On Titan, Noragami).
traveling

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:

Assassination Classroom is most likely reaching its climax soon and so wouldn't make much sense to add to the weekly magazine for a brief stint. & Tokyo Ghoul is over and onto the sequel series so it doesn't make much sense to add the sequel when they've barely started on the original.

I do think an accelerated release schedule would benefit boh of these titles though. They both have a fair amount of content not translated by Viz and I think there is definitely enough of a fanbase to support monthly released of volumes (as Kodansha USA did with Fairy Tail, Attack On Titan, Noragami).

It really seems like Viz is slow on printing manga that are so popular in Japan that they will be popular here. Tokyo Ghoul is such a success but it has a long way to go and there's still re.
_Quasar_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:12 am Reply with quote
Nice to see a light novel chart.
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:19 am Reply with quote
Sad this list reeks of mainstream ... i haven't bought anything of this list yet this is the only stuff pepole actually want over here but not me Rolling Eyes
Kutsu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Attack on Titan #1 Hajime Isayama Kodansha Comics 111

Over 2 years on the list. Damn. Laughing
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:36 am Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
Quote:
Attack on Titan #1 Hajime Isayama Kodansha Comics 111

Over 2 years on the list. Damn. Laughing
That sucks ass this would never have been possible in Japan or France the English market is way to frail so once something hit's big you can really tell the average thing ain't sellling nothing !!! it's really sad woudn't surprise me if that god dammn volume will still be on the list in about a year ...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1