• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cherry Arai's Sansha Sanyō 4-Panel Manga Gets Anime Adaptation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:42 am Reply with quote
3 cute girls and slice of life? I might give it a try. This will probably be a TV series but likely a short.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shirohae

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:48 am Reply with quote
omg stop it with these high school girls anime!! they are ruining everything!!!!!!!!! I only have like 2-3 series to watch because mostly all these new series is all about god damn little high school girls with pointless plots.. I don't mind Shoujo anime tho..it at least shows a COUPLE getting together..unlike about a bunch of freaken little girls doing stupid crap! Why does the Japanese like little girls so much dammnnnn! >_> Seriously I dont get it... Where are the really good anime with story and action these days?!?!
IceKirby

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:32 am Reply with quote
Given how much I loved Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, this one is getting really high on my expectation list.
Could be a normal-length anime, since according to ANN at least 8 volumes were already released. EDIT: And Manga Time Kirara site seems to list 11 volumes, although I'm blind and that was already mentioned in the news article.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:50 am Reply with quote
Holy damn, I was going to say that plot-wise and looks-wise, this was the most boring-looking Kirara anime to date.
But from the author of Mikakunin and getting 11 volumes in 11 years?
Wow. It took Hidamari Sketch 4 seasons to cover less than the 7 volumes it had out at the time.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:23 am Reply with quote
Another comfy SoL anime with cute highschool girls? Going to give it a try. Smile
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Yōko Nishikawa is the daughter of family that used to be a member of the upper class, but after her father's company went bankrupt, they became poor.

So, what are her personality traits? Hard to know. Found it strange that we have the energetic glutton and a 2-faced class president...but not much on the third member of the team.
-Ana-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:03 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Quote:
Yōko Nishikawa is the daughter of family that used to be a member of the upper class, but after her father's company went bankrupt, they became poor.

So, what are her personality traits? Hard to know. Found it strange that we have the energetic glutton and a 2-faced class president...but not much on the third member of the team.
On MAL it says that she still holds up to her princess attitude even though her family became poor.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:12 am Reply with quote
Shirohae wrote:
omg stop it with these high school girls anime!! they are ruining everything!!!!!!!!! I only have like 2-3 series to watch because mostly all these new series is all about god damn little high school girls with pointless plots.. I don't mind Shoujo anime tho..it at least shows a COUPLE getting together..unlike about a bunch of freaken little girls doing stupid crap! Why does the Japanese like little girls so much dammnnnn! >_> Seriously I don't get it... Where are the really good anime with story and action these days?!?!

It sounds like your butt hurts, I advice a doctor, it looks really bad.
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:39 am Reply with quote
Shirohae wrote:
Where are the really good anime with story and action these days?!?!

You should really ask that to the mangaka for shonen magazines. For the last five years they've been pushing out mediocre content, and now it's even worse, they're doing fujoshi. It's no surprise that people would move to other genres since shonen mangaka aren't not doing their jobs properly. I'd go as far to say that they first went down the crapper when they became greedy and attempted to appeal to a broader audience, like with DBZ.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:33 am Reply with quote
Seems like that will be Kirara anime of the winter season. Cause every season have the Kirara anime or two in last years, with some exceptions.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:41 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Seems like that will be Kirara anime of the winter season. Cause every season have the Kirara anime or two in last years, with some exceptions.

2 or 3 other kirara manga got announced before this, they'll probably air first.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:09 am Reply with quote
An energetic person with a huge appetite, a person with a double personality, and an impoverished person that was once in the upper class...

I think this combination will make an awesome mix of sheer comedy (and a few moments of somberness)! Smile
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:22 am Reply with quote
-Ana- wrote:
On MAL it says that she still holds up to her princess attitude even though her family became poor.

Thanks for that info!

Personally, I can only deal with a certain amount of CGDCT type shows. But, I will check this one out...only because Cherry also created Engaged to the Unidentified...and I loved that anime.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:47 am Reply with quote
Shirohae wrote:
omg stop it with these high school girls anime!! they are ruining everything!!!!!!!!! I only have like 2-3 series to watch because mostly all these new series is all about god damn little high school girls with pointless plots.. I don't mind Shoujo anime tho..it at least shows a COUPLE getting together..unlike about a bunch of freaken little girls doing stupid crap! Why does the Japanese like little girls so much dammnnnn! >_> Seriously I don't get it... Where are the really good anime with story and action these days?!?!

This is bait.

Okay, I'm surprised that the author of Engaged to the Unidentified was actually working on this, I'll watch it knowing I'm very much used to CGDCT anime, I'll probably enjoy seeing Futaba's antics since her personality reminds me of myself a lot.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:23 am Reply with quote
I, for one, welcome our new high school overlords. I think I'll watch this one, since I'm a sucker for cute girls doing cute things.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2