• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo University of the Arts Posts Anime Shorts by Graduate Students

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:49 am Reply with quote
Makes Genius Party look like a bunch of unimaginative hacks.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote
It's pretty sad that animation work by assorted Grad Art students working under their own umbrella looks more imaginative and full of creative passion than most supposedly professional anime studios are churning out nowadays. Hopefully these people went abroad and got good paying jobs at decent outfits where they can make something that will leave a lasting impression on people and further their art instead of getting stuck being worked to death by crappy Japanese production companies making derivative pseudo-erotica for shut in otaku and having all the creative passion beaten out of them by greedy producers.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm always baffled how people can be bothered to even check out a site like ANN when, in their own words, they consider anime as a whole to be...
quote="Alabaster Spectrum"] ...making derivative pseudo-erotica for shut in otaku and having all the creative passion beaten out of them by greedy producers.[/quote]

If I didn't like something that much, I wouldn't mess with it... as opposed to hanging out on fan/news sites dedicated to it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:04 am Reply with quote
Waaaahhhh ebuuul otawkoos! As if anyone in the general populace would give two shits over this arthouse stuff either.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:30 am Reply with quote
Yeah, nobody gives two shits about arthouse stuff; not America, not no where
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:49 am Reply with quote
As good as some of these anime shorts may look, the arthouse theme of them just aren't my cup of tea.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Waaaahhhh ebuuul otawkoos! As if anyone in the general populace would give two shits over this arthouse stuff either.

Nice to know you have the maturity of a 4 year old.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:47 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Nice to know you have the maturity of a 4 year old.

More like the realistic outlook of an adult who knows better than to complain about the entirely of anime consisting of only one kind of show and ignoring the ones that might suit their needs. Arthouse projects like this don't get made routinely because they're a tough sell to EVERYONE, not just otakus. And this doesn't hold true for just anime either, it's the entire art world.
digritz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Spike and Mike's Animation Festival/Sick and Twisted Animation Festival has shown "art house" type anime from amateurs, (can anyone say South Park and Beavis and Butthead), for years and almost all were far better then these. That's not to say the samples shown here are terrible just on the lower end of what I've seen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1