• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans to Also Stream on Crunchyroll, Funimation, Hulu, Gundam.Info

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
Funimation picked up a Gundam show?! Shocked Color me extremely surprised. For some reason I was not expecting this.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
So many streaming option to choose but I gonna take Daisuki because of subtitle languages offered other than English, hope the translation wont be suck Laughing

Last edited by Hikarunu on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:50 am Reply with quote
you can see how confident Sunrise are in making this a gateway gundam. Cant wait for it
Nyren

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:51 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Funimation picked up a Gundam show?! Shocked Color me extremely surprised. For some reason I was not expecting this.
Well someone had to eventually, Gundam is too big to just let sit. Expensive? Perhaps, but well worth it imo. Sentai was never gonna grab it, Viz only does their own things, and Aniplex is more concerned with licensing the one hit wonders.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:52 am Reply with quote
Oh. Oh nice. Amazing really. This is much better then it being exclusive to Daisuki which I'm not even sure has platform apps yet.

I'll be watching on Hulu, as I have a sub there.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:53 am Reply with quote
Gundam's going to stream on sites that people actually use? Can such things be?
hinugundam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:57 am Reply with quote
Awesome, I have a crunchyroll account. Can't wait.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:57 am Reply with quote
Knew it would be on G.info.
MajorZero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote
Seems like Sunrise and Bandai quite sure that this is the next big thing. Good luck to Nagai, his only other action series has been god awful in every possible way (at least first season).
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll and Funimation got Gundam now?!!! There's hope for gundam in the US again!!!!! Praise God I never thought I'd see the day!!!
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quote
This is nice; looks like Sunrise is starting to wise up. I was resigned to not watch this series, but now I have an excuse to at least check it out.

Some people seem to be assuming that Funimation picked this anime for physical distribution. Hopefully they will indeed distribute physical copies. And if it is not Funimation, I hope another NA distributor steps up.
Nyren

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:27 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
This is nice; looks like Sunrise is starting to wise up. I was resigned to not watch this series, but now I have an excuse to at least check it out.

Some people seem to be assuming that Funimation picked this anime for physical distribution. Hopefully they will indeed distribute physical copies. And if it is not Funimation, I hope another NA distributor steps up.
It's probably like this: Sunrise makes the anime, Bandai makes the toys, Funimation does an English Dub, and Rightstuf distributes it in the US.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Bandai seems to have a lot of faith in this one,considering how many sites their allowing to stream this Shocked. Happy that they decided to wise-up with streaming Gundam series here(don't understand why they leave cash like that on table).

Last edited by Themaster20000 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Things are looking brighter for Gundam fans! I would be amazed if they push out a dub soon as well!
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Well someone had to eventually, Gundam is too big to just let sit. Expensive? Perhaps, but well worth it imo. Sentai was never gonna grab it, Viz only does their own things, and Aniplex is more concerned with licensing the one hit wonders.

Hoping this opens the door for Funi to try and pick up some of the older shows. Maybe if this show does well enough.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3