• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Criterion to Release Lady Snowblood Live-Action Film Set in January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doodleboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:43 am Reply with quote
Oh neat they got Angie Wang to do the cover.

Going to put a link to her site here because her art is gooooddd.

http://okchickadee.com/
otagirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:58 am Reply with quote
I already got the Blu-ray Steelbook UK edition but this cover is admittedly much nicer.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:18 am Reply with quote
Nice. I've been wanting to watch this movie for a long time but I can never find the US release (is it the $20 one on Amazon? If so, this one will probably be a better bang for my buck). Lady Snowblood looks a bit exploitationy for Criterion but they've done other weird and crazy releases. I'll definitely look into getting this set.
silentjay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:55 am Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
Nice. I've been wanting to watch this movie for a long time but I can never find the US release (is it the $20 one on Amazon? If so, this one will probably be a better bang for my buck). Lady Snowblood looks a bit exploitationy for Criterion but they've done other weird and crazy releases. I'll definitely look into getting this set.

The original releases are long out of print, so if you're seeing something for $20 on Amazon, it's going to be a bootleg. (Or the Australian release from Madman.)
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! So happy about it.

I saw an interview (or read something I think?) with Meiko Kaji after Kill Bill came out. Supposedly she dislikes it being well-known or something, like she did not understand why her music was being used in Kill Bill.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
Awesome! So happy about it.

I saw an interview (or read something I think?) with Meiko Kaji after Kill Bill came out. Supposedly she dislikes it being well-known or something, like she did not understand why her music was being used in Kill Bill.

Have not seen this movie, but apparently Tarantino is a big fan and made the cast of Kill Bill watch it in between takes. Wikipedia says that she was offered some roles by Hollywood but declined them all since Japanese is the only language she could act in according to her.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Meiko Kaji. So glad that this is getting a new release. If you haven't seen it watch it. And if you're a fan of Meiko Kaji or any Asian exploitation, you should watch her in her role as the femme fatale in Scorpion: Prisoner 701 series.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:33 pm Reply with quote
silentjay wrote:

The original releases are long out of print, so if you're seeing something for $20 on Amazon, it's going to be a bootleg. (Or the Australian release from Madman.)
I'm not exactly sure about that. It says that the release is from Animeigo. Also, and more importantly, its $20 used. A new copy is $49. Sounds like a price for an out of print release. Anyway, the Criterion release seems like the one to get at the moment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1