• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Ayumu Watanabe (#63950) and Kakeru Watanabe (#64402)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:56 pm Reply with quote
The Japanese Wikipedia entry for Ayumu Watanabe says that Kakeru Watanabe is an alias of his. If that is the case, then I think the two entries should be merged.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:07 am Reply with quote
Only the storyboard credits are for the purported alias of Ayumu Watanabe. The production assistant for Sunrise is a different person that will need to be split out, though that "Kakeru" may be a misreading of Sho Watanabe. I will need to see what official credits say in his case. There was also a key animation credit in Karas that I purged because it was sourced from an incorrect transcription. That should be 渡辺章, another one for the Akira Watanabe thread.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:19 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
The production assistant for Sunrise is a different person that will need to be split out, though that "Kakeru" may be a misreading of Sho Watanabe. I will need to see what official credits say in his case.

FUNi's credits for Good Luck Girl have him as "Sho". Code Geass R2 might have an English credit for the position, but I don't have access to it. I've gone ahead and merged to Sho for now. There is another Shō Watanabe that currently has an entry by Shou Watanabe and preferably those should be normalized as a split entry.

I've connected the storyboard credits now as an alias to Ayumu Watanabe.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:07 am Reply with quote
I have R2 on DVD, can't remember is Beez translated the credits.

I think I'm developing a backlog of credits to check now, I definitely need to get my laptop working properly again.. (it's now refusing to play DVDs and not happy about playing video files, and given that I spent hours getting it to boot at all yesterday it is time to bite the bullet and reinstall Windows...)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1