• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Domain 'HeroAca.com' Registered Under Toho's Name

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:05 am Reply with quote
The matter of not if but when? I smell anime adaptation coming in the future not far from now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:06 am Reply with quote
Possible OVA perhaps? Anyways, this is exciting news!
yusuke19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:07 am Reply with quote
Nakurawari wrote:
Possible OVA perhaps? Anyways, this is exciting news!

Nope a anime series If you think its to early, just remember World Trigger got it early too.
noobster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:15 am Reply with quote
My body is ready if ever they will adapt it.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote
I would hope it's an OVA (I thought I heard sometime back that there might have been a jump fiesta OVA like with Assasination Classroom ) The manga isn't even at 70 chapters yet and if this is anything like world trigger then there's nothing to look forward to at all unless you're an audiophile.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:01 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
I would hope it's an OVA (I thought I heard sometime back that there might have been a jump fiesta OVA like with Assasination Classroom ) The manga isn't even at 70 chapters yet and if this is anything like world trigger then there's nothing to look forward to at all unless you're an audiophile.

I would say this, however the biggest reason why World Trigger turned out terribly is because Toei got their hands on it, and they wanted an ongoing series with it.

Toho have never distributed a Toei anime series to my knowledge so that's a good sign. Perhaps the studio who picks it up only wants to do 12 or 24 episodes...which there is enough content for.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:25 am Reply with quote
Nakurawari wrote:

I would say this, however the biggest reason why World Trigger turned out terribly is because Toei got their hands on it, and they wanted an ongoing series with it.

Toho have never distributed a Toei anime series to my knowledge so that's a good sign.

Oh thank goodness! Toei getting their grubby hands on on this series is a personal nightmare of mine!
They already ruined World Trigger and Toriko with their nonsense, and their utter refusal to use filler arcs for the One Piece anime ruined that one too, as each episode is now stretched so bad that even DBZ is starting to flush at the sight.

MHA deserves a studio like Madhouse or Production I.G. or something else at that level.
Akamaru_Inu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:38 am Reply with quote
Oh gosh, I hope this means good things. I believe when Assassination Classroom got picked up for an anime (like just when it got announced that it was in the works) it had around 70-something chapters, then they found a good spot to end it. I'm hoping if we end up getting an anime adaptation this early they'll give it the AC treatment, where it's 12-24 episodes and then they make another season later on rather than trying to keep it ongoing.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:58 am Reply with quote
If My Hero Academia ever gets an anime adaptation, it might make up for a certain other show similar to it that never had a chance to debut in the U.S. due to...well, circumstances that were beyond anyone's control.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote
If its this leads to an anime I'll be a bit iffy about it. Thatguy3331 siad that its only around 70 chapters. I think you've got to give a weekly manga series a good 2 years/100+ chapters before animating. Something to give it some sort of buffer. I don't want to see another 26 episode series that covers like 1 major arc then goes nowhere, then ends on a cliffhanger/anime ending. But on the other hand I don't want to see something like One Piece/Naruto where its filled with pacing issues and filler.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lLuffyl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:41 am Reply with quote
I think it's fine for it to get an anime, I've been waiting to see this announcement. Boku no Hero Academia is much more popular than World Trigger. Yes, World trigger got a very early anime, why, not sure. Just because the manga isn't 70 chapters in yet doesn't mean it's too early. You figure by the time the anime actually comes out maybe 10-12 months from now, that's another 40-50 chapters. By then it will be in the 100's.

The series is very popular, one of the most currently in jump, so I'm not surprised at all and very excited!

I don't enjoy 26 episode season animes, but that's how everything long running is done now. Regardless of how many chapters there are, it will be split into seasons.
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:03 pm Reply with quote
I read the manga and am an admin on the wiki. The manga is currently at 63 chapters (as of this post) and just started its 5th major story arc. If the anime becomes seasonal and gets 24 to 26 episodes, for it to end good, it would have to be 2 chapters an episode (This ending would be perfect). A long running one could also work, but you won't get the best animation. Filler could work in this anime because they can flesh out certain heroes and villains and its easy to make for a school setting.
Jakerams

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind fillers in this series at all as long as it's not interupting story arcs. It's a hero series so it's possible to use fillers in a good way without ruining anything.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
It's too soon for an anime. The manga is only a year old. If they make one now, it'll either only be one season or it will have a sh*t load of filler episodes. Worse, it'll end up like "Blue Exorcist" and be both.
perroloco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott
What anime are you talking about? What circumstances..?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2